Gear S3 Frontier isn't working

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone!!!! I'm having problems with my Gear S3 Frontier. My Gear S3 Frontier won't work all of a sudden.

I tried these troubleshooting steps:

1) I powered off my Gear S3 Frontier and then powered it back on
2) I powered off my Samsung Galaxy S7 and powered it back on
3) I tried connecting my Gear S3 Frontier to my phone via the Samsung Gear app and it still won't connect. I tried two or three times

Is there any other troubleshooting steps I can try?

PLEASE NOTE: My Gear S3 Frontier was sitting on the charger and when I took it off I saw a message about overheating or something. I leave my Gear S3 Frontier on the charger pretty much all the time. Right now my Gear S3 Frontier is in standalone mode

Last edited:

jchwila

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Remove Gear S3 from your phone's paired devices, clear gear manager and gear plugin cache, hard reset the watch and try again.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Is the watch on? or is the screen black?

The overheating of the battery could be the problem. Normally a message only pops up like that when the battery is at dangerous heat levels. If the screen is black and the battery has died because of heat, take it into the repair store I'm sure you can get a replacement watch. (Provided you still have the warranty). You have done all the right things so far with troubleshooting.

If the screen is on, then the battery is 'fine' and try do what jchwila suggested. I would also recommend that you don't leave it permanently on charge. Maybe take if off charge during the day and only when you go to sleep but it back on.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Is the watch on? or is the screen black?

The overheating of the battery could be the problem. Normally a message only pops up like that when the battery is at dangerous heat levels. If the screen is black and the battery has died because of heat, take it into the repair store I'm sure you can get a replacement watch. (Provided you still have the warranty). You have done all the right things so far with troubleshooting.

If the screen is on, then the battery is 'fine' and try do what jchwila suggested. I would also recommend that you don't leave it permanently on charge. Maybe take if off charge during the day and only when you go to sleep but it back on.

The watch is on but I figured out what was wrong. Somehow bluetooth had turned off on the watch so I turned bluetooth on on the watch and was able to connect my Gear S3 Frontier to my phone again. I didn't think to check to see if bluetooth was turned on or not.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
The watch is on but I figured out what was wrong. Somehow bluetooth had turned off on the watch so I turned bluetooth on on the watch and was able to connect my Gear S3 Frontier to my phone again. I didn't think to check to see if bluetooth was turned on or not.

Good to hear all is OK! It sounded like (from what you wrote) that the watch wasn't booting up and that there was a 'over heating issue'. :)

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Good to hear all is OK! It sounded like (from what you wrote) that the watch wasn't booting up and that there was a 'over heating issue'. :)

Well, when I took the watch off of the charger I did see a message about overheating or something and I freaked out. This isn't my first watch. The first Gear S3 Frontier watch I had wouldn't work properly so I had AT&T replace it. The problem with the first watch was when a friend called the watch phone number the call didn't go through. It didn't work at all. I couldn't even add my debit card to Samsung Pay. I had to call to verify my card about 20 times. I couldn't get past the verify card screen.