S Health Issue

Tmel14

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Really enjoying the watch but I have an issue with the calorie counter on S Health, it seems to decide I've already burned a significant amount of calories each day by the time I've woken up. For instance, the last couple of nights I have gone to bed with the watch next to me (I don't like sleeping with a watch on), once on aeroplane mode and once just as normal. When I then wake up at 7am and look at the S Health counter on the watch, it seems to decide that I've already burned about 500-600 calories for the day! Whilst I would love to burn that in my sleep, it's obviously well off.

Is it possible to set it so that the calorie counter is at 0 or a realistic level until I put the watch on in the morning? Or is the issue that I'm not sleeping wearing the watch?

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
We burn calories even while sleeping. Fitness monitors use an algorithm to estimate total calorie burn and it would be significantly off if it only counted calories during activities. If your body normally burns 1500 - 2000 calories in 24 hours, then 500 - 600 during an 8 hour sleep is a reasonable estimate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34