Gear S3 S Health and cadence sensor

jchwila

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi, is it possible to track an activity using gear s3 tracker (s health as main driver, heart rate sensor) with additional readings from ant+ speed/cadence sensor? Once I start S health ride on my phone (which supports cadence sensor) it gets no readings from Gear S3, in addition I can' control activity using the watch.
On the other hand when I start activity on my Gear S3 it's progress is not shown on the phone allowing to use cadence sensor at the same time.
Any way to take over control by the watch of an activity initiated on the phone?

jchwila

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Well partially... S Health does not support this. It even doesn't support Samsung's own watch as a helper during workout with phone.

At the moment Open Rider is supporting cadence and watch HR monitor at the same time but you have to pay monthly fee to be able to use Gear S3 HR monitor.

Upcoming Endomondo should support both HR & speed cadence without charge. (It does in Android Wear)

p1eric

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I really hope the upcoming Endomondo or MapMyRun can do this on the S3. I don't trust the wrist heart rate sensor and would much rather use my ant+ heart rate strap paired with the phone.

jchwila

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
I use Gear's HR on daily basis. It look pretty accurate during running workouts with Pear app connected to S Health. The readings change fluently and HR zones are pretty clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol