Google Allo w/ Gear S3

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
So I have searched forums for an answer to this question and so far found zilch. Are there any Google Allo users out there with a Gear S3? How do the notifications come through? Can you reply to them or is there limited functionality?

I only ask this as I am interested in getting a S3 LTE but use Allo heavily. Hope someone out there can help.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the biggest issue you may find is the number of people who use Allo. I tried and uninstalled it after just a week. Hopefully, someone here can share their experience, but in the meantime, I can tell you that I use Hangouts, and it works perfectly. I receive notifications, and can reply right from the watch.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So, I have the app on my phone. I won't comment on what I think of Allo or Google's messaging vision, but it's good that you have found a use for it. I tested it just so I could answer your question.

When you get the message, it shows up just as if you have gotten a text message. You can open the message and then reply on the watch if you so wish. You get full functionality. I did this while using it with my Galaxy S7 edge.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a few friends who I use Allo with... (It does the job, and we are all using it... so who cares how many other people are using it)

With the gear s3, I can confirm from daily use, that it does easily recieve messages, and reply to them from the watch. HOWEVER, you cannot start a message, only reply to one....and if you clear the notification, you cannot reply. Just while you get the initial un-cleared notification. It works for me for the vast majority of the uses I need it for.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a few friends who I use Allo with... (It does the job, and we are all using it... so who cares how many other people are using it)

With the gear s3, I can confirm from daily use, that it does easily recieve messages, and reply to them from the watch. HOWEVER, you cannot start a message, only reply to one....and if you clear the notification, you cannot reply. Just while you get the initial un-cleared notification. It works for me for the vast majority of the uses I need it for.
Yeah, other than text messages I don't think there are any other messaging apps you can initiate a message from, correct?

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
So, I have the app on my phone. I won't comment on what I think of Allo or Google's messaging vision, but it's good that you have found a use for it. I tested it just so I could answer your question.

When you get the message, it shows up just as if you have gotten a text message. You can open the message and then reply on the watch if you so wish. You get full functionality. I did this while using it with my Galaxy S7 edge.
Thanks. Yea I used to be a big WhatsApp user and decided to try out Allo, using my gf as guinea pig. So far so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze