Whatsapp, Viber, and Facebook Messenger notifications?

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone!!!! I understand that you cannot install Whatsapp, Viber, or Facebook Messenger on the Gear S3 and that they're not available in the Galaxy Apps Store. Does anyone know if there's a way to get Whatsapp, Viber, and Facebook Messenger notifications on the Gear S3? I really want these apps on the Gear S3 and I think they should be available on the Gear S3. However, because they're not I'm thinking about getting an Android Wear Smartwatch unless the people who made Whatsapp, Viber, and Facebook Messenger make them available on the Gear S3. I don't understand why they're available on other smartwatches but not the Gear S3.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Tizen probably has less market share so that's probably why. You should be getting notifications though. You can get notifications from pretty much any app. Just make sure you don't have them turned off for that particular app

dshrum84

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
You can get notifications from most apps, you just can't fully interact with the app. I get notifications from the MS Outlook app including a full email although multiple e-mails blend together. I can't send anything in Outlook from the watch.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
You can get notifications from most apps, you just can't fully interact with the app. I get notifications from the MS Outlook app including a full email although multiple e-mails blend together. I can't send anything in Outlook from the watch.

I want to receive notifications from Incoming call, Messages, Missed call, Samsung Pay on the watch, Voicemail, BR Team Stream, Samsung Pay on my Samsung Galaxy S7, Trade Rumors, Visual Voicemail, and Whatsapp on my Gear S3 Frontier. All of the notifications for these apps are turned on. However, when I get these notifications all I see is a green dot on the watch face screen.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I want to receive notifications from Incoming call, Messages, Missed call, Samsung Pay on the watch, Voicemail, BR Team Stream, Samsung Pay on my Samsung Galaxy S7, Trade Rumors, Visual Voicemail, and Whatsapp on my Gear S3 Frontier. All of the notifications for these apps are turned on. However, when I get these notifications all I see is a green dot on the watch face screen.
Your watch is either defective or you're not scrolling to the left to look at the actual notification. The yellow dot is just to let you know that you have a notification. I'm hoping your watch is just defective because scrolling to the left to see your notifications is in the tutorial from when you first set the watch up.

spegmaton2184

May 22, 2014
Visit site
i think u need to manually enable the toggle button under manage notification of your samsung gear app on ur phone.

71d73078f8e756c279695a80ba4c0c21.jpg

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Your watch is either defective or you're not scrolling to the left to look at the actual notification. The yellow dot is just to let you know that you have a notification. I'm hoping your watch is just defective because scrolling to the left to see your notifications is in the tutorial from when you first set the watch up.

It's not defective. I wasn't doing it right. I thought that when you receive notifications on the watch they would show up on the watch face screen. I didn't realize that you have to swipe left or move the bezel to the left to see the notifications. I also wasn't receiving notifications from these apps because notifications for these apps was turned off. They were turned on but somehow they got turned off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87