Not receiving notifications anymore

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone!!!! I need your help. I'm having a problem with my Gear S3 Frontier. I'm not receiving notifications anymore. I want to receive notifications from Alarm, Email, Incoming call, Messages, Missed call, Voicemail, BR Team Stream, Facebook Messenger, Samsung Pay on the phone, Samsung Pay on the Gear, Visual Voicemail, and Whatsapp. I have tried everything I can think of. I have turned notifications on for all of these things. I have powered off my cell phone and my Gear S3. I have factory reset my watch 5 or 6 times. I have turned off the Samsung Gear app and then back on. Everything I have tried doesn't seem to fix the problem and I'm running out of patience. This is my 2nd watch which is a replacement because I also had issues with the first watch. I'm really beginning to hate this watch with a passion. Is anyone else on here experiencing issues with not receiving notifications?

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
What do you mean granting access to the Samsung Gear app? As you can see notifications for the things I want to receive notifications from are turned on

e9ba85552839efafbf9173fa49bcb9f0.jpg

2df88ad30bcf4e3eabb6583c1ed67b2b.jpg

9c6d5b705559fb6d28414061d94fa6ea.jpg

3d13f03ec306f8f29a692747245357f1.jpg

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried doing a clean install (uninstall, reboot, reinstall) of the Gear Manager app on your phone?

I cannot uninstall the Samsung Gear app. It came with the phone when I got the phone. The only thing I can do is turn the Samsung Gear app off and disable it. I've thought about hard resetting my phone but I don't think that will fix the notification issue

tipztv

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

Inside Settings on your phone, search for something called Notification access then make sure that Samsung Gear is checked. If you don't grant notification access to the Samsung gear app, your notifications won't be mirrored to the watch

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Inside Settings on your phone, search for something called Notification access then make sure that Samsung Gear is checked. If you don't grant notification access to the Samsung gear app, your notifications won't be mirrored to the watch

Ok so I did what you said. I clicked on Settings and then clicked on search and typed in notification access. When I did that two things popped up....Always On Display and Samsung Gear. They are both turned on. Also, I was on the Gear S2 forum and someone made a thread that they weren't receiving notifications on their Gear S2 and he said that he cleared the cache on his phone and he said everything is working perfectly now. Maybe this is what I need to do?

tipztv

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

tipztv

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I did what you said. I clicked on Settings and then clicked on search and typed in notification access. When I did that two things popped up....Always On Display and Samsung Gear. They are both turned on. Also, I was on the Gear S2 forum and someone made a thread that they weren't receiving notifications on their Gear S2 and he said that he cleared the cache on his phone and he said everything is working perfectly now. Maybe this is what I need to do?

First you need to check that if the mentioned feature is on or not. None of those two settings is the one you need. What is your phone model?

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
First you need to check that if the mentioned feature is on or not. None of those two settings is the one you need. What is your phone model?

As I said....I did what you said. You said inside Settings search for something called notification access then make sure Samsung Gear is checked. When I click on Settings and then click search and type in notification access Always On Display and Samsung Gear appear and they are both turned on. You said to make sure Samsung Gear is checked. It's turned on. I don't see anything to check mark it or anything like that. My phone model is the Samsung Galaxy S7

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I cannot uninstall the Samsung Gear app. It came with the phone when I got the phone. The only thing I can do is turn the Samsung Gear app off and disable it. I've thought about hard resetting my phone but I don't think that will fix the notification issue
Sorry, I didn't realize you had a Samsung phone. Does application manager allow you clear data/cache for the Gear app?

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't realize you had a Samsung phone. Does application manager allow you clear data/cache for the Gear app?

Yes it does. If I tap on Settings and then tap on Device and then tap Applications and then tap on Application manager and scroll to Samsung Gear and then tap on Storage there is a thing that says Clear Data and Clear Cache that I can click on

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone!!!! So I ended up clearing data and cache in the Samsung Gear app and that did the trick and notifications started working again. However, now they have stopped working again. I have cleared data and cache once again but notifications won't show up on the watch. I have factory reset my Gear S3 Frontier about 15-20 times. I have also powered off my phone and my Gear S3 and then powered them both back on and I still keep having problems with this issue. sometimes notifications will work. Somdetimes they won't. I don't know where else to turn and this issue is getting very frustrating

Brian Reczulski

Dec 24, 2018
Visit site
hello, have you found a solution i just got my gear sport and its doing the same thing

Hello Everyone!!!! So I ended up clearing data and cache in the Samsung Gear app and that did the trick and notifications started working again. However, now they have stopped working again. I have cleared data and cache once again but notifications won't show up on the watch. I have factory reset my Gear S3 Frontier about 15-20 times. I have also powered off my phone and my Gear S3 and then powered them both back on and I still keep having problems with this issue. sometimes notifications will work. Somdetimes they won't. I don't know where else to turn and this issue is getting very frustrating

Brian Reczulski

Dec 24, 2018
Visit site
Re: hello, have you found a solution i just got my gear sport and its doing the same thing

have you found a solution
i just bought mine last night and since this morning i got it to work for like a hour
i had to factory reset it and i don't want to keep on having to do that

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek