map my run

mr neutron

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Works on it's own, but will not sync with either MyFitnessPal nor S Health. Many users reporting same problem. Why UA would release an app that does not sync with their own apps is beyond stupidity.

guitareth

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I just tried it out today on a hike. Yesterday I downloaded and installed the new MapMyRun app for the Gear S3 as just released by Under Armour. Today I went on a hike in the mountains for 3 hours or so and decided to try out MapMy Run. I set it for hiking mode, started it up, and for first couple of hours it was working great. It looked really good (nice clear sharp display with lots of information) and I was well pleased with it, until it just stopped tracking after around 2 hours 20 mins. The display just stopped at the same time and distance travelled etc and stopped updating.

I tried pressing the Back button and the voice announcement offered to Pause tracking. As I did NOT want to pause tracking I clicked the Back button again, and it said it had resumed, but it stuck at same time and distance for the rest of my hike. HOWEVER, it's important that I point out that this apparent bug is not unique to MapMyRun. For past 2-3 weeks I've been suffering similar problem when using SHealth to track my hikes on the S3. It worked great all the time when I first got my S3, but on recent hikes it started auto-pausing itself part way through a hike (as it should do when you stop moving) but would not auto-resume. So it seems that my problem with SHealth is somehow affecting ALL exercise tracking on my S3. It appears that at some point it just auto-pauses itself and will not resume again. This is very frustrating as tracking my hikes and other workouts was one of the main reasons why I bought this smartwatch, but it is now just totally unreliable for this. Soooo frustrating!

If anyone can suggest any fixes I should try I'd really appreciate it.

p1eric

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Works on it's own, but will not sync with either MyFitnessPal nor S Health. Many users reporting same problem. Why UA would release an app that does not sync with their own apps is beyond stupidity.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet but within the Map My Run phone app there are options to connect with both of those services. Again, I haven't tried it and it may not work, but it's there.

Screenshot_MMR_ConnectedApps.jpg

guitareth

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
That's correct about the settings option, and I had already configured MapMyRun's settings to connect to SHealth before I used MapMy Run on my hike today, but it has not registered the hike in S Health.

mr neutron

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
both MyFitnessPal and S Health services were connected with MapMyRun according to each apps instructions. It does not sync.

r4cker

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone try it yet? Just released in the gear store.

I tryed 2 runs this week in standalone mode. Thé application is really nice but totally inaccurate. Thé gps didnt track thé entire run and made all data incorrect.
I ll Still give another chance cause i really liked this app that has much more info than nike+ run club

mlprce

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
They have updated the app. I have only been able to run once since I updated, but the distance was similar to what my phone app gets.

guitareth

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I just tried it out today on a hike. Yesterday I downloaded and installed the new MapMyRun app for the Gear S3 as just released by Under Armour. Today I went on a hike in the mountains for 3 hours or so and decided to try out MapMy Run. I set it for hiking mode, started it up, and for first couple of hours it was working great. It looked really good (nice clear sharp display with lots of information) and I was well pleased with it, until it just stopped tracking after around 2 hours 20 mins. The display just stopped at the same time and distance travelled etc and stopped updating.

I tried pressing the Back button and the voice announcement offered to Pause tracking. As I did NOT want to pause tracking I clicked the Back button again, and it said it had resumed, but it stuck at same time and distance for the rest of my hike. HOWEVER, it's important that I point out that this apparent bug is not unique to MapMyRun. For past 2-3 weeks I've been suffering similar problem when using SHealth to track my hikes on the S3. It worked great all the time when I first got my S3, but on recent hikes it started auto-pausing itself part way through a hike (as it should do when you stop moving) but would not auto-resume. So it seems that my problem with SHealth is somehow affecting ALL exercise tracking on my S3. It appears that at some point it just auto-pauses itself and will not resume again. This is very frustrating as tracking my hikes and other workouts was one of the main reasons why I bought this smartwatch, but it is now just totally unreliable for this. Soooo frustrating!

If anyone can suggest any fixes I should try I'd really appreciate it.

Just to update on my own issues with MapMy Run app on the S3 locking up part way through a workout. Since installing latest version 1.1.3 of MapMy Run I tested the app on a 6 hours + hike on Friday and it worked great without locking up at all. I will test it again this coming Friday before being overly confident, but so far so good!

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
To my surprise it ran today during a hike and when I finished it had nice detailed Info, I did realize that I had S health turned on

AStipe

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I just purchased my S3 Frontier and have been unable to connect the MapMyRun app to my phone since Sunday, May 14. This issue is reported multiple times on the Gear app store but so far there is no solution.
When I open the app on the S3 it goes to the loading screen and times out to a "To complete pairing, tap 'Accept on your phone." message. After 3-5 seconds, this message times out and "No Bluetooth Connection" is displayed. The device is paired and has an active connection to my phone (Driod Turbo 2, Android 7.0). I have not had any issues with the MyFitnessPal S3 app.