Gear S3 on Verizon

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I am ready for the S3 on Verizon.... My S2 wifi version is nice, but I am waiting for the LTE model to upgrade... TAKE MY MONEY damnit!! LOL

rdbates33

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
It's most likely the same situation as the LG Watch Sport that VZW was supposed to sell starting back in March. As you're probably aware, VZ is prepping to sell their own Wear24 smartwatch. It was supposed to be ready back in March, but they had manufacturer issues and it got postponed. VZ is afraid the release of the Watch Sport and S3 will cannibalize sales of the Wear24, so they are going to great lengths to keep us away from readily available product until they can launch their own.

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Can I connect an AT&T Frontier that is not active to my Verizon s8+? And still get notifications etc as long I'm in Bluetooth and or WiFi range. Or do I need connected/activated line for it to work?

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Can I connect an AT&T Frontier that is not active to my Verizon s8+? And still get notifications etc as long I'm in Bluetooth and or WiFi range. Or do I need connected/activated line for it to work?
The watch only requires cellular service to be independent from a phone. When connected via BT, it has full functionality. When remote connected via WiFi, notifications will be passed through, but there's no VoIP app for calling.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I may have to pick up a wifi model... to bad.

I have my phone with me 99.99% of the time anyhow.
Bahhahaha! Go somewhere without your phone... not in 2017. Lol. Non-LTE is the way to go because of this unless you're out jogging or something, but I'm with you, I never leave home without my phone. Not to mention my Bluetooth works great and can go a good 30ft with a solid connection.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So I tried a experiment today(none lte) that didn't work, my phone was left at home on WiFi and I went to a business that the WiFi is also saved in my phone, I had hoped the watch would allow me to text or call but that didn't happen, as far as I can tell I was able to access contacts and e mail unless those were already saved in my watch ⌚, I had hoped or understood I would have more remote access when on WiFi that was saved in my phone.
However when pulling into my driveway and reconnecting to home Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on my phone the watch updated to anything missed

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
So I tried a experiment today(none lte) that didn't work, my phone was left at home on WiFi and I went to a business that the WiFi is also saved in my phone, I had hoped the watch would allow me to text or call but that didn't happen, as far as I can tell I was able to access contacts and e mail unless those were already saved in my watch ⌚, I had hoped or understood I would have more remote access when on WiFi that was saved in my phone.
However when pulling into my driveway and reconnecting to home Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on my phone the watch updated to anything missed
I think you misunderstood. There isn't a VoIP app that allows the non LTE models to receive calls or messages. Only the LTE models allow you to leave the phone behind.

On the Frontier LTE, calls and messages are received on the Tizen dialer and message app via the cellular radio. If there is no signal, it doesn't work. Remote connection is just for allowing notifications to be passed from the phone to the watch.

I found that there were many occasions when my phone was not on my person. It was in the house when I was in the backyard, or in the basement when I was upstairs, or accidentally left behind, etc.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I think you misunderstood. There isn't a VoIP app that allows the non LTE models to receive calls or messages. Only the LTE models allow you to leave the phone behind.

On the Frontier LTE, calls and messages are received on the Tizen dialer and message app via the cellular radio. If there is no signal, it doesn't work. Remote connection is just for allowing notifications to be passed from the phone to the watch.

I found that there were many occasions when my phone was not on my person. It was in the house when I was in the backyard, or in the basement when I was upstairs, or accidentally left behind, etc.
OK thanks for clarification on that

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
By the time Verizon releases the gear S3 the 4 will be almost out. I'll be hoping Verizon will get the 4 soon after launch.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

I've texted when remotely connected to my phone. Phone was left at home (all it needs is internet, ether cellular or wifi). Connected watch to wifi (which by the way can be joined even if not previously stored as long as it doesn't have to accept terms on a browser page). Watch then connected remotely to my phone. I could send and receive texts on my watch. As pointed out, there's no way to do that with voice calls. I was also able to check my emails etc. My s3 is non-lte and my phone was miles away at the time so guaranteed not to be connected directly. My phone is a Samsung btw (note 5, nougat).

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I've texted when remotely connected to my phone. Phone was left at home (all it needs is internet, ether cellular or wifi). Connected watch to wifi (which by the way can be joined even if not previously stored as long as it doesn't have to accept terms on a browser page). Watch then connected remotely to my phone. I could send and receive texts on my watch. As pointed out, there's no way to do that with voice calls. I was also able to check my emails etc. My s3 is non-lte and my phone was miles away at the time so guaranteed not to be connected directly. My phone is a Samsung btw (note 5, nougat).
Well that's good to know!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781