Samsung Gear S3 Dial (on the face bezel) is loose

clewcrew

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I called Samsung's support and explained my bezel dial is now "loose". I can move it slightly left or right and the dial makes a tapping sound.

Here is the kicker: the selection dial is NOT WARRANTED. I had to submit an exception along with a bunch of pictures to show there is NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE to the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (which I bought from AT&T in January, 2017). I debated with the call screener and stated this was a core functional component of the S3 and why wouldn't it be under warranty? She did not have an answer.

I have now submitted my claim exception to Samsung (by the way, my device is registered, but the serial number of the watch is not what they want - the IMEI number instead). I could not submit the claim online - had to make a call.

I hope Samsung covers the watch. I have never dropped it. Even if I have bumped it or something else (as that is possible), are you kidding me that this product is so flimsy and Samsung knows it, hence the dial bezel not warranted (my "warranty" expires on March 2018).

Great watch otherwise, but if Samsung doesn't warrant the watch, I will go on a personal Social Media campaign to provide reviews to help others avoid buying the S3 - and will sell mine. Too bad, it is the best looking watch on the market.

Hey_Yoh

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem on my S3 Frontier as well (never dropped it but dial becoming loose) and very curious of the outcome. Please give us an update....

Onthelookout

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
Clewcrew
The only issue i have is with the bezel and the dire product knowledge and lack of consideration from everyone i've spoken to on this since getting thec1st watch in December. I'm nkw on watch 6 having returned everyone for replacement for the very same issue. The watch is awesone and why i keep it and try and try in vain hoping i can get this sorted. Samsung, incredibly seemed oblivious of there being an issue with a loosely fitting bezel which taps making the worst noise you'd want to hear from the most used part of the wstch. Fully with you to help others avoid buy this watch. Keep me posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

dmits

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
The bezel is only pushed down around the screen and held there with a rubber seal. There are 4 little balls on springs that keep it up floating off the watch body so it should actually move left and right and up and down.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm nkw on watch 6 having returned everyone for replacement for the very same issue. The watch is awesone and why i keep it and try and try in vain hoping i can get this sorted.
If you're on watch number 6, the S3 isn't for you. It is extremely unlikely that you would receive 6 defective watches obtained on 6 separate occasions. It's time to just accept the bezel design or move on to a different watch. Life is too short to suffer frustration over such matters...

CallieD

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
I own a bunch of dive watches all with rotating bezels. A few years ago I learned that a loose bezel can be fixed with dental floss. You need to find the thinnest floss possible, not the flat thick stuff but just the thinnest cord. Wrap it under the bezel tight, overlap a bit then cut. Use a second piece to slip the ends of the first piece under the bezel and you are done.
I did this to my S3 and it works perfectly. No more loose bezel and it still rotates nicely, just tighter.
Now on the Gear the bezel is used much more than on a normal watch so the floss might come out occasionally. I've gone a few weeks now without a problem.

LaurieC64

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I just looked at my gear 2 and the dial is missing! I hardly wear it because the battery life sucks and now this! Do they sell the part? So upset!