Previous Gear S2 owners

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
So yesterday I was working on my truck and took my Gear S2 off so it wouldn't get scratched and put it on the bumper and of course I forgot about it, drove off and it fell off and got run over.:( While shopping around for a new one on the internet I thought why not get the new S3. I see that it is slightly bigger than the S2 and wanted to hear from anyone that had the S2 if the size difference is noticeable. Best Buy has them on sale for the same price as the S2.

Thanks for any feedback!

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The S3 is a little bigger than the S2. I went from the S2 to the S3 only because I use Samsung Pay 8 out of 10 purchases made so I wanted the MST feature in my watch to go with my S7 Edge.

If you go with the S2 you can find it much cheaper on eBay. I gave my S2 to my nephew for Christmas but another nephew wanted one so I found a tmobile S2 real cheap on ebay. I didn't purchase it because he liked my old tmobile gear S better so I gave that to him. If you decide to purchase from best buy then you might as well get the S3 if they are the same price.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You definitely notice the size switch, however I like the bigger size.

I had the Moto 360 prior to my S2 Classic, so it always felt small.

Now I have the S3 Frontier and I am a pretty big fan. I would have rather had the Classic, but at that time they did not have LTE, on the Frontier did

However recently articles said the Classic would be getting LTE soon

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I went to Best Buy and looked at the S3 but found it a bit too large for me, especially the Frontier version. I ended up finding a brand new Verizon S2 on ebay for $130 so I got that instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech