Changing carrier using S3

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I am with T-Mobile right now and may change to Verizon. Verizon doesn't carry the S3 and does not let you finance it. I would have to buy the S2 for me and my wife.

I was thinking if we changed of keeping the smart watches and just using blue tooth. I am assuming if the phone was close we would still get calls and texts and that and would just give up the LTE and the ability to use the watch if the phone is somewhere else.

Has anyone done this and how well does it work?

Thank You

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
You could also keep only the watch on T-Mobile. Their single line wearable plan is $10/mo. There are several folks here who have their watch and phone on separate carriers.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
For now once the account is closed with T-Mobile I will use Bluetooth on both smart watches. Once Verizon releases the Gear S3 Frontier I may sell mine and get one.

I will be completely done with T-Mobile next week.

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Verizon is completely awful. Unless you just can't get coverage somewhere essential to you with T-Mobile, I would strongly discourage changing to Verizon. Whatever T-Mobile did or didn't do that is prompting you to switch, I can promise Verizon will find a way to outdo them. They treat customers like crap. I switched in the opposite direction, my sister is about to switch, and everyone I know who is still on Verizon, some for 15+ years hates them. Most of them only stay because they get sucked into a new 2 year contract when they want to upgrade or replace a broken phone before their prior 2 year contact expires, and they get stuck.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is completely awful. Unless you just can't get coverage somewhere essential to you with T-Mobile...

T-Mobile coverage where I live is terrible. While Verizon covers me everywhere. I've found their customer service awesome to deal with, which is not very often. Yeah, Vzw is more, but the peace of mind I have in knowing my phone will work everywhere I go, is worth the extra $$ to me.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
All carriers have moments when they upset people. I am on Verizon and I wouldn't say they suck. I have heard plenty of horror stories from other carriers.

You might be able to use your Gear S3 on Verizon... this is just a stab in the dark.

Try This:
On the watch go to Settings.
Connections (you will have to have the Gear Network in Connections set to on to get past this step)
Mobile Networks
Network Operators
Find Networks

Is Verizon listed??

If so you may be able to use it.... maybe?

Also don't forget to set the "Gear Network" back to Auto Switch if that is how you want it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007