Is Gear VR compatible with Note Edge or only Note 4?

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Gear VR is compatible with Note Edge or only Note 4? I would assume it would because they are almost identical but haven't seen anywhere specifically that it is. Thanks

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Isn't that just the specs of the Gear VR and the Note 4? I don't see it actually say it doesn't work with the Note 4 Edge.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, after more searching seems like the Edge won't fit drat. Okay more reason to skip over the Edge and wait for the Note 5 and maybe get an actual Occulus Rift

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenging
wow lucky you haha. can you test by any chance with a note edge pls lol
I tried it with my friend's note edge but it wouldn't fit.
Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app

Received Gear VR - Pg. 2 | Samsung Gear VR | XDA Forums

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Isn't that just the specs of the Gear VR and the Note 4? I don't see it actually say it doesn't work with the Note 4 Edge.

The reason the specs are there is because this is a Note 4 accessory, not a Note Edge (which is NOT called Note 4 Edge, BTW :) ). You can also try out Google's Cardboard project if you want. It's a DIY project, but from what I've heard, performs really well for a cardboard VR unit. The hard part is getting the lenses.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
The reason the specs are there is because this is a Note 4 accessory, not a Note Edge (which is NOT called Note 4 Edge, BTW :) ). You can also try out Google's Cardboard project if you want. It's a DIY project, but from what I've heard, performs really well for a cardboard VR unit. The hard part is getting the lenses.

I have the cardboard and it's cool but doesn't work with glasses. The Gear VR has lens adjustments for nearsightedness. Having the Note 3 I was going to pass on the Note 4 since only incremental upgrades but seeing the pixelation with Cardboard on the Note 3 the higher res screen would be nice. I was hoping that if going to upgrade to Note 4 might as well get Edge. But now seeing Gear VR incompatibility might just wait for Note 5 and get a real Occulus Rift.

easytarget76

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
There are a heap of headsets available for other phones. The best value is the colorcross but its nothing compared to the gear vr.

Posted via the Android Central App

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the cardboard and it's cool but doesn't work with glasses. The Gear VR has lens adjustments for nearsightedness. Having the Note 3 I was going to pass on the Note 4 since only incremental upgrades but seeing the pixelation with Cardboard on the Note 3 the higher res screen would be nice. I was hoping that if going to upgrade to Note 4 might as well get Edge. But now seeing Gear VR incompatibility might just wait for Note 5 and get a real Occulus Rift.

The compensation used in the Gear VR for glasses simply moves the Note 4 further from the lenses. Cardboard compensation would be simply a little trial and error of moving your unit further (or closer) from the lenses until the image is good.

impish1

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
cardboard works really well if you buy the large size, I have the note edge and there are a few fun games to play. mine came with the lenses and elastic to hold it on

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835