Gear VR and Note 4

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to decide between the Note 4 and the Note Edge. If I opt to go with the Edge, I won't be able to use the VR. I know to a certain degree this is subjective but, is the Gear VR really all that? I love the thought of its portability and feeling of being completely immersed in the action. For me, a gaming console will not work because my wife uses the TV way more than I do. The laptop idea is not going to work either. So, I usually use my tablet and phone about 90% of the time.

I also cannot seem to find the VR anywhere to look at. The only option is try and order it through the Internet and try it out.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what you like. The VR works only with a handful of titles (albeit some great ones, mind you) and as for portable, I really wouldn't call it that... it's quite big and bulky.

Some BestBuy stores have some units on display.

Worst case scenario, you'd need to look at YouTube videos on how it operates and read as many trusted reviews as you can. IMHO, it doesn't warrant a purchase, but that's just me.

If you're more into gaming, I'd be more interested in a Shield tablet or the new MadCatz slick controller announced at CES this year.

Mike Will2

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I got the gear vr and I suggest you get it. You won't regret it. Very one I know that says they are not interested or dont want it change there minds when I let them put it on. It's funny when they look at their iPhone in dissapointment.