Gear VR using with one eye

Josh1377

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I was in a car accident and lost my right eye. I just recently received my Gear VR that was included with my phone. I am having a difficult time deciding whether to sell or keep it. Does anyone know or have used one with one eye?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I'll request that this be moved to the Virtual Reality/Samsung Gear VR forum for some opinions from other users.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joedog4

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I would think that you could still have fun with it even if it isn't ideal, so I would say open and try it for a few days. you can still sell it for more than you payed :)

LightStreaming

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It'll work fine with one eye, what you see with a VR will be the same as what you see in the real world. While keeping your head completely still you'll see 2D, but while moving you'll see 3D because of motion parallax.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It'll work fine with one eye, what you see with a VR will be the same as what you see in the real world. While keeping your head completely still you'll see 2D, but while moving you'll see 3D because of motion parallax.
Yup! I have reduced vision in my left eye, yet still love my Gear VR. I've even demoed it to someone who could only use one eye and they were amazed!

Joedog4

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site

I thought that it should work to some degree. In the future when we get lightfield displays you'll get more of a 3d effect even when setting still.

Samuel Kennedy

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
This is a Great forum. I also lost my right eye and I am still enjoying the experience as well. Only thing is. I have to turn my head More.

posted from my galaxy s7edge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781