Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Live wallpapers?

Anyone know if the Intercept has live wallpapers?

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Picked up one for my wife over the weekend... I'm not seeing them. Of course that doesn't mean it doesn't.

ROM
    Stock

Probably not until you either get Froyo or root access.
    LiveWallpapers.apk and LiveWallpaperPicker.apk need to be pushed to /system/app/. You can use a file manager to see if these two apk's were added. If not, then you're looking at waiting.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Even if I download them from the android market? Guess my fiance' will have to do without live wallpapers if anything.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

You should see the option when you click "Menu" and then "Wallpaper"

I've been hearing conflicting reports that the Intercept does/does not support live wallpaper

Would be cool to know if it does or not

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by potheadhero View Post
    Even if I download them from the android market? Guess my fiance' will have to do without live wallpapers if anything.
    I don't have the phone, and haven't been in a Sprint Store since it came out. Try downloading a free one from the market. Then menu/long press-- wallpaper and see if the live wallpaper switcher app is in there. You should get something like this:
    http://gadgetsdna.com/wp-content/upl...-wallpaper.png
    If you don't, then live wallpapers aren't on board. Also, you can't sideload these like you can a typical app, it has to be pushed to /system/app, which if you don't have access to via root, then it won't work.

Default Re: Live wallpapers?

I want to know badly