1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Default 2.2

I just noticed that on sprint's website it states that the Intercept ships with android 2.2.

It DOES Indeed! Updates should be around the corner (unless the new spec page wasn't supposed to go live for a while!)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

I am getting an intercept to replace another broken moment. I will let you know if it arriives with 2.2

For us folks that have rooted the phone, can we just do the ota update when it becomes available?
    2.2 for Xmas?!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

@cigarjockey I am picking up my intercept tonight (replacement for 6th broken Moment). What are you running as far as custom roms?

Squealjoy
    wap.howardforums.com/GetThread.php?t=1676685&bat=&PHPSESSID=u9jva65gha0ubnk6cohdif7u63
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Still 2.1 on my replacement

Default 2.2 on sprint?

are you saying the Sprint website is advertising the Intercept with 2.2?? It clearly does not
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Quote Originally Posted by tjspeichinger View Post
    are you saying the Sprint website is advertising the Intercept with 2.2?? It clearly does not
    It did! I think they saw the error and fixed it.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

In the sprint.com forums it has been confirmed to roll out today.. I have not been able to get it yet. I will be checking for updates all day.

Asked @sprintcare on twitter and this was there reply:

@sprintcare: we have no info regarding release dates. We will let you know as soon as we hear something.

Called Sprint and was told yes, it was to be available today, but there was issues with the update and not to install it.

Believe what you will, but I'm surprised we are getting it before the Galaxy X phones. Or are we the testers?

Sent from my Samsung Intercept using Tapatalk.

ROM
    rooted stock rom nook

I've got the update! First thing this morning it said there was an update and I was hoping it was 2.2..... its working great so for but I haven't been able to use it that much but it seems much faster

aeiou

could you run linpack and see what the phone is getting? you can get it from
    Search Android Market

1. Open Android Market on Your phone
    2. Go to "Search"
    3. Type "Linpack for Android" in the search field and hit "Search"
    4. Once you find the "Linpack for Android" app, choose "Install" and follow the instructions
    any chance of some screenshots of the about phone page and stuff :-)

ROM
    rooted stock rom nook

I got 3.048 MFlops in 27.5 sec. On linpack. Ill work on some screenshots but I've never done one in android. Its pretty much just vanilla froyo from what I can tell

ROM
    rooted stock rom nook

I see you have to be rooted or hook it up to the computer to do screenshots... I might be able to do it when I get home later.

One thing I'm missing so far is the buttons for turning off wifi/bluetooth/ sounds /vibrate in notifications seems to be gone

You couldn't have gotten the update, I just checked and it says I'm 2.1 "up-to-date"

Sent From my VM Samsung Intercept via Tapatalk

ROM
    rooted stock rom nook

I got it alright. Look at the other threads now too about it. Sometimes updates take awhile to get pushed out for whatever reason. This time for whatever reason I got it earlier than a lot of people. Just be patient. It will come.

Btw, all is not completely perfect with it. I was. Really excited about installing apps to the sd card, but I already seem to be running out of space with apps that can't be installed to sd again! Never enough, I guess. I have still been getting some crashes and slow downs, but overall much much better than 2.1.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ratsttam View Post
    It DOES Indeed! Updates should be around the corner (unless the new spec page wasn't supposed to go live for a while!)
    Saturday the 18th sprint tried to push 2.2 to users who already had the devise but was running 2.1 eclair or however its spelled. Saturday morning I woke up to find update now option so I did and had a box with an arrow coming towards Loid on a white background that eventually turned black with a caution sign an exclamation point and Loid just standing there. So I did a battery pull and the next screen I seen was all this blue and yellow writing all over this previous one mentioned.I chose the very top option which ever that one was....What did I do? All I get now is when I turn it on it just has that SAMSUNG on it. Won't turn off or anything so I'm going to take it to sprint today. Good luck interceptors on getting the new 2.2, looking forward to getting the 2.3 Gingerbread soon. Hope Sprint don't lag on the release like they are well known to do.
    Last edited by prrest6@yahoo.com; 12-19-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prrest6@yahoo.com View Post
    Saturday the 18th sprint tried to push 2.2 to users who already had the devise but was running 2.1 eclair or however its spelled. Saturday morning I woke up to find update now option so I did and had a box with an arrow coming towards Loid on a white background that eventually turned black with a caution sign an exclamation point and Loid just standing there. So I did a battery pull and the next screen I seen was all this blue and yellow writing all over this previous one mentioned.I chose the very top option which ever that one was....What did I do? All I get now is when I turn it on it just has that SAMSUNG on it. Won't turn off or anything so I'm going to take it to sprint today. Good luck interceptors on getting the new 2.2, looking forward to getting the 2.3 Gingerbread soon. Hope Sprint don't lag on the release like they are well known to do.
    Mine did the exact same thing, and I chose the same option. It took forever (like 1/2hr) to finish booting. Since then it's been a bit more unstable, says that I'm up to date, but I'm still on 2.1. I figured it was because I was rooted with inxanes kernel.
    DG3

Quote Originally Posted by newboyx View Post
    @cigarjockey I am picking up my intercept tonight (replacement for 6th broken Moment). What are you running as far as custom roms?
    What are you doing to your Moments?

Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    The Moment is a piece of crap. Major lost of data issues that Sprint and Samsung refuse to believe.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    Only one of those were damaged by me (gravity is a *****) . The rest of them just sucked.