Wireless Tether App - Laptop Won't connect!

zeth006

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I just installed Wireless Tether App. I set up the SSID/password and have gotten my laptop to recognize the connection. For some odd reason or another, I can't seem to connect to it. I've set the encryption setup method to "auto" and I've tried switching channels with no luck. The funny part is the signal shows up as a triangle of 3 computers and not a desktop.

Any tips on what to do? :confused:

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Wireless tether works as an "Ad-Hoc" network. Check your computers settings to make sure it allows connection to Ad-Hoc, and not just "Infrastructure" networks. You may also want to disable security, as some computers have issues with security on Ad-Hoc networks.

zeth006

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Wireless tether works as an "Ad-Hoc" network. Check your computers settings to make sure it allows connection to Ad-Hoc, and not just "Infrastructure" networks. You may also want to disable security, as some computers have issues with security on Ad-Hoc networks.

How do I do this?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How do I do this?

Go into your wireless settings for your computer. Your wireless adapter may have special software, and each version of windows is different. You'll just have to poke around your wireless settings a bit.

The 3 computers in a triangle just means that it's an adhoc network, which would be correct for this program. You may also want to try "barnacle" (free in the market) and works almost exactly the same, if you're still having problems with tether.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis