[How-To] Root the Samsung Intercept

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

Is there a simple, straightforward way to root the Virgin Mobile Samsung Intercept on a Mac? I've been hunting this solution on here and in the web since getting the phone last Christmas. Either one of these two roadblocks come up. 1) I need to have a Windows PC; 2) I gotta go with some kind of custom ROM.

My PC is a Mac, so that seems to limit me, but I am computer literate to navigate the terminal if need be to get to my second requirement: No custom ROMs. I just want to root the phone for one simple reason: To get rid of stock Virgin Mobile apps to free up space.

Is there a solution that allows for this?

Thank a lot.

There is a one click root method located at Intercept Root Apk and Recovery flasher I personally have not tested this. I no longer use my Intercept.

Don't take this wrong, but do you understand the process of removing the stock apps? Is this something you feel comfortable with?

anon(40787)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
There is a one click root method located at Intercept Root Apk and Recovery flasher I personally have not tested this. I no longer use my Intercept.

Don't take this wrong, but do you understand the process of removing the stock apps? Is this something you feel comfortable with?

I wouldn't remove them, like i did. It ruined my chances for the update which I NEVER got. I would get a app from the Market called "Bloat Freezer" or the like. It's a $1 but its safer, because you can unfreeze the app to get updates/etc..

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea xda has more roms for Intercept. But its a ghost town too. I haven't touch my intercept in a while its cheap and slow and the few roms that I've tried for them don't do much

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Just try different forums. Your ganna strike out more than hit with that phone. No one is developing for that phone anymore or there very far and between.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just try different forums. Your ganna strike out more than hit with that phone. No one is developing for that phone anymore or there very far and between.

I might have it on my old computer. I will dig it out of my closet later and see if I still have it.

Sent from my LTEless Evo LTE using Tapatalk. :-(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar