Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question How do I back out of Intercept Android Syst. Recovery?

I wanted to update to Android 2.2 from 2.1 on my VM Samsung Intercept. So, before doing that, I wanted to backup my system files/data (memos, etc.). (I haven't updated, or anything like that - just have a basic 2.1 system.)

I haven't a CLUE how to do that so I followed some direction on another site, and ended up on the Android System Recovery screen. (got there by Vol down/call/end button)

HOW IN THE WORLD DO I LEAVE that screen??? It's not showing what I need and I can't get back to my regular phone.

I've searched the forums, but the lingo is all too technical for me. I'm a real cellphone newbie!!

PLEASE help me get my phone back to a screen I know (or at least shut off). AND, if you could, plz direct me to a backup for newbies!

Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Isn't there an option to reboot to system?

Lightbulb Use reboot system now with Black Square Optical Joystick button

Please highlight or move to option - reboot system now - in Recovery Menu. It is the first option in Recovery menu.

Press square black Optical Joystick button (between Call button and Call End/Power button) to select the option.

Please also note that soft swiping over Square Black Optical Joystick button works same as up and down arrows.