Sprint says airplane mode problem is not a known issue.

pastafarian

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Common place among big companies. The reps won't (can't as in lose their job if they do) admit that anything is a known problem. Over a decade ago, Sony released the first 36" WEGA TV with a huge screen geometry problem. A large number of people with problem sets got together via the net (I think it was AVforum IIRC) and we all called support. Many spoke to the same rep (Nancy?) over a 2 day period, and each was told they were the first to mention the issue. A month later, Sony enacted a lame half baked recall.

avacomputers

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Common place among big companies. The reps won't (can't as in lose their job if they do) admit that anything is a known problem. Over a decade ago, Sony released the first 36" WEGA TV with a huge screen geometry problem. A large number of people with problem sets got together via the net (I think it was AVforum IIRC) and we all called support. Many spoke to the same rep (Nancy?) over a 2 day period, and each was told they were the first to mention the issue. A month later, Sony enacted a lame half baked recall.

Now there is an idea. I wonder if we can get a facebook group to get involved.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Avacomputers, I was just thinking of that.. start a online movement to get their attention about this issue. Maybe they'll fix the radio issues on these things.

avacomputers

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Avacomputers, I was just thinking of that.. start a online movement to get their attention about this issue. Maybe they'll fix the radio issues on these things.
I'm up for it. I spent 3 hours online with then. The rep offered me $50 towards a new phone. What can that get me, an lg rumor? Sprint is really starting to tick me off.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe we pick a day, and see how many people we can get to call in and complain about their phone randomly switching to Airplane mode. Wonder if that'd help them realize that there's an issue. Then post your rep's name maybe.

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
hello,
i had the same issue with the samsung moment. my phone would go into airplane mode anytime it wanted on its own among other things. i had recently flashed the phone to 2.1 and have not had the issue , but i flashed for 2 days now so its not long tested but has corrected the airplane mode problem, and the proximity sensor and the force close on the phone apps and a few more lol

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
what are you guys doing to your phones???? i never had any problem like that and neither has anyone else i know that has a moment.

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
hello fatsak

if your has no issues nad mine does since the day i got it from sprint and i am on my 5th samsung moment home.....wanna trade ? i am willing.

pastafarian

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
what are you guys doing to your phones???? i never had any problem like that and neither has anyone else i know that has a moment.

If you look around in the various Android/Moment forums, you'll find it's a very common issue. I've only experienced it once, but I've had the infamous CDMA data lockup problem more frequently, especially since 2.1. With lockup, the phone still works and the bars icon is there but I have no data connection or 3g/1x icon and the only way to restore it is to reboot. There's a correlation to wifi use with data lockup. I've found that I'm most susceptible to getting lockup after I turn wifi off and I've made it a habit to reboot after turning off wifi.

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
If you look around in the various Android/Moment forums, you'll find it's a very common issue. I've only experienced it once, but I've had the infamous CDMA data lockup problem more frequently, especially since 2.1. With lockup, the phone still works and the bars icon is there but I have no data connection or 3g/1x icon and the only way to restore it is to reboot. There's a correlation to wifi use with data lockup. I've found that I'm most susceptible to getting lockup after I turn wifi off and I've made it a habit to reboot after turning off wifi.

i been reading for months, i read just about every post on here. and a few other forums. i'm wondering if some of the problems have to do with the area your in.

i get a signal issue once in a while but i live right next to an airport.

my att service never worked here, thats why i switched providers

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Good news, Sprint and radio shack have me a new hero and took back the moment. I also got a $50 gift card. Way to go Sprint.

sorry to hear that.... the hero sucks. i had 4 of them, wait untill your trackball gets stuck and you get dust under the screen. when it's in your pocket or holster it's allways pushing on the trackball because it sticks out so far.

avacomputers

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
sorry to hear that.... the hero sucks. i had 4 of them, wait untill your trackball gets stuck and you get dust under the screen. when it's in your pocket or holster it's allways pushing on the trackball because it sticks out so far.
In my opinion,the hero is much better. Than the moment.

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi I have official 2.1 update and still airplane mode:(

Hi

I have the official release and still have airplane mode issues. ...the differance is I don't see the airplane mode icon...but I can't use data getor mace a call or text?????? What else is it? And it also says I cannot make a call or text WTF??? Instead of admitting issues they deny and change it to where if you somehow got the problem the icon wonth show up so it is not as obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol