Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts

Default Sprint says airplane mode problem is not a known issue.

My wife has been on the phone back and forth with sprint. They told her that no one else has complained about this issue before. What a joke.

Common place among big companies. The reps won't (can't as in lose their job if they do) admit that anything is a known problem. Over a decade ago, Sony released the first 36" WEGA TV with a huge screen geometry problem. A large number of people with problem sets got together via the net (I think it was AVforum IIRC) and we all called support. Many spoke to the same rep (Nancy?) over a 2 day period, and each was told they were the first to mention the issue. A month later, Sony enacted a lame half baked recall.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
    Common place among big companies. The reps won't (can't as in lose their job if they do) admit that anything is a known problem. Over a decade ago, Sony released the first 36" WEGA TV with a huge screen geometry problem. A large number of people with problem sets got together via the net (I think it was AVforum IIRC) and we all called support. Many spoke to the same rep (Nancy?) over a 2 day period, and each was told they were the first to mention the issue. A month later, Sony enacted a lame half baked recall.
    Now there is an idea. I wonder if we can get a facebook group to get involved.

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

Avacomputers, I was just thinking of that.. start a online movement to get their attention about this issue. Maybe they'll fix the radio issues on these things.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Banned

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    Avacomputers, I was just thinking of that.. start a online movement to get their attention about this issue. Maybe they'll fix the radio issues on these things.
    I'm up for it. I spent 3 hours online with then. The rep offered me $50 towards a new phone. What can that get me, an lg rumor? Sprint is really starting to tick me off.

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

Maybe we pick a day, and see how many people we can get to call in and complain about their phone randomly switching to Airplane mode. Wonder if that'd help them realize that there's an issue. Then post your rep's name maybe.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Banned

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts

The rep I spoke to was jonathon. But I'm calling shim today and everyday until this is fixed. I'm also filing a complaint with the fcc.

hello,
    i had the same issue with the samsung moment. my phone would go into airplane mode anytime it wanted on its own among other things. i had recently flashed the phone to 2.1 and have not had the issue , but i flashed for 2 days now so its not long tested but has corrected the airplane mode problem, and the proximity sensor and the force close on the phone apps and a few more lol

what are you guys doing to your phones???? i never had any problem like that and neither has anyone else i know that has a moment.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

My wife's moment is stock and has this problem. I've got mine on 2.1 and haven't seen it.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Banned

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts

I'm on 2.1 and still have it.

hello fatsak

if your has no issues nad mine does since the day i got it from sprint and i am on my 5th samsung moment home.....wanna trade ? i am willing.

Quote Originally Posted by fatsack View Post
    what are you guys doing to your phones???? i never had any problem like that and neither has anyone else i know that has a moment.
    If you look around in the various Android/Moment forums, you'll find it's a very common issue. I've only experienced it once, but I've had the infamous CDMA data lockup problem more frequently, especially since 2.1. With lockup, the phone still works and the bars icon is there but I have no data connection or 3g/1x icon and the only way to restore it is to reboot. There's a correlation to wifi use with data lockup. I've found that I'm most susceptible to getting lockup after I turn wifi off and I've made it a habit to reboot after turning off wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by oluvinu View Post
    hello fatsak

if your has no issues nad mine does since the day i got it from sprint and i am on my 5th samsung moment home.....wanna trade ? I am willing.
    uuhhh no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
    If you look around in the various Android/Moment forums, you'll find it's a very common issue. I've only experienced it once, but I've had the infamous CDMA data lockup problem more frequently, especially since 2.1. With lockup, the phone still works and the bars icon is there but I have no data connection or 3g/1x icon and the only way to restore it is to reboot. There's a correlation to wifi use with data lockup. I've found that I'm most susceptible to getting lockup after I turn wifi off and I've made it a habit to reboot after turning off wifi.
    i been reading for months, i read just about every post on here. and a few other forums. i'm wondering if some of the problems have to do with the area your in.

i get a signal issue once in a while but i live right next to an airport.

my att service never worked here, thats why i switched providers

I just got the phone today and duh me played with the airplane mode setting (unknowingly!) and now I am having this exact issue :|
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    samsung moment user (as soon as it comes in the mail!)
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Banned

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts

Good news, Sprint and radio shack have me a new hero and took back the moment. I also got a $50 gift card. Way to go Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by avacomputers View Post
    Good news, Sprint and radio shack have me a new hero and took back the moment. I also got a $50 gift card. Way to go Sprint.
    sorry to hear that.... the hero sucks. i had 4 of them, wait untill your trackball gets stuck and you get dust under the screen. when it's in your pocket or holster it's allways pushing on the trackball because it sticks out so far.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Banned

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fatsack View Post
    sorry to hear that.... the hero sucks. i had 4 of them, wait untill your trackball gets stuck and you get dust under the screen. when it's in your pocket or holster it's allways pushing on the trackball because it sticks out so far.
    In my opinion,the hero is much better. Than the moment.

Default Hi I have official 2.1 update and still airplane mode:(

Hi

I have the official release and still have airplane mode issues. ...the differance is I don't see the airplane mode icon...but I can't use data getor mace a call or text?????? What else is it? And it also says I cannot make a call or text WTF??? Instead of admitting issues they deny and change it to where if you somehow got the problem the icon wonth show up so it is not as obvious.

My nephew is having this issue on his new moment - he is returning it this week for an Evo. He picked up a moment last week, was horrible with airplane mode so he exchanged it for another one, it is much better but still does it randomly so he is going to go for the Evo.

So sick of this phone. It's so frustrating... I feel like it might be able to work right, but the lag and fact I can't ever make calls or do anything ever at all... sort of annoying.

I agree with you. I think this is the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. From losing a connection to airplane mode I can't use my phone more then I can. I call sprint and all they want to do is give me abnother one. I am on my 4th one. I guess eventuall I will get one that works correct. At first I thought it was the firewall at work but then it happened4 hours AFTER I had 2.1 installed and I was at home. Serious? I thought 2.1 was supposed to fix this issue. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 and 4.2

I work for Sprint so I'll just throw out there, especially since I'm not on a call with you guys, that Airplane Mode is still a known issue even with having 2.1. I'd have to check and see what it says about fixing it. If I had to guess, I'd say they're going to do a MR for it.

I'll try to remember to check tomorrow at work and tell you guys what it mentions as a resolution.
    "My work is not a piece of writing designed to meet the taste of an immediate public, but was done to last forever." - Thucydides, ancient Greek historian

@salacon, what are our options as customers? When I talk to someone st sprint I feel like I get the runaround. I threaten to walk away and no one seems to care. I feel like sprint has me by the you know what and is unwilling to do do anything about it. They offer me "any phone you want" but when I ask about the evo or palm pre I hear "oh sorry I can't exchange for those phones". I guess they really don't mean any phone then. I am actually now trying to get the ceo's email and see what I can get from him.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast