Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default cant delete individual apps with connetbox

hi, cna anyone help me figure out how to delete apps. i have connectbox and yes i am rooted and i used the joeykrim v7 root i flashed in the recovery mode. i use for example " rm AmazonMp3.apk" but i can not delete instead it says " rm failed for AmazonMp3.apk, no such file or directory"

did you first mount .. and then after that cd system and cd app ....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No all I did was when I am in local of connectboc I type is su and the get the # sybol. After that I type rm and then app to delete. Cam you write out the exact process in which to delete individual app??

please search before posting questions but read the last post i wrote in this thread. it was answered there.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/sams...html#post71651

make sure you make a backup of the apps your removing in case you ever want them back
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hi
    I went ins su and then went to cd /system/apps but it says "faliled rm amazonmp3.apk, read only file system ".....which I don't understand if I am in root. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Hi
    I went ins su and then went to cd /system/apps but it says "faliled rm amazonmp3.apk, read only file system ".....which I don't understand if I am in root. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by oluvinu View Post
    Hi
    ok honestly did you not read anything i said? after you type SU
    YOU HAVE TO MOUNT.. IT specifically says it in the instructions to the link i gave you.

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Jo_795 View Post
    ok honestly did you not read anything i said? after you type SU
    YOU HAVE TO MOUNT.. IT specifically says it in the instructions to the link i gave you.
    Can't resist:

Hehehehe.. you said MOUNT"...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

hi i did not understand the direction then. i thought you mounted the SD card to the computer if you wanted to backup the apps you are deleting?
    i have no care or need to keep the apps i dont want. i am trying to get rid of the moxer mail and a few others i never use or want to use.

do i still need to mount if i have no intention of saving the applications ?

Quote Originally Posted by oluvinu View Post
    hi i did not understand the direction then. i thought you mounted the SD card to the computer if you wanted to backup the apps you are deleting?
    i have no care or need to keep the apps i dont want. i am trying to get rid of the moxer mail and a few others i never use or want to use.

do i still need to mount if i have no intention of saving the applications ?
    you need to mount in order to even go into the directory of cd /system/app

ok ill make it easy for u.. as soon as you connect to connect bot type this:::::::::

su

mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/stl5 /system

cd /system/app

To delete an app, type:
    rm [appname].[extension]

After you're done type (IMPORTANT):
    mount -t rfs -o remount,ro /dev/stl5 /system

thats all to it..

after you type cd /system/app if you type "ls" it shows everyone .apk(program) in that directory ..

let me know if its still confusing.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Easy Way to delete stock apps

Thanks to another poster on here go to the marketplace and download "titanium backup" Use that. Nothing to it. I got rid of nascar and nfl and the bejeweled demo that Sprint sticks us with. I didn't have to mount the phone or go into the system.

Quote Originally Posted by jdtoga View Post
    Thanks to another poster on here go to the marketplace and download "titanium backup" Use that. Nothing to it. I got rid of nascar and nfl and the bejeweled demo that Sprint sticks us with. I didn't have to mount the phone or go into the system.
    you can do that but i rather trust command prompts then a program to do it for me especially since its saves in a different format..
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I got it to work thank you