2.1 update install problem

shcole

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
My install keeps getting stuck in the same place. Drivers install fine, then when you press start software download it gets stuck on debug setup connection on bottom right. same thing on multiple computers, tried multiple times. any suggestions?

tronzero

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes I had the same problem. I had to go into msconfig - start->run -> type: msconfig
In that tool I had to disable a bunch of the startup items and restart. Apparently there are a lot of common conflicts with the samsung drivers. After that the upgrade went smooth.

Ginbill

Oct 30, 2009
ohhjohn.tumblr.com
I'm having a similar problem everytime I get to the downloading... screen it says detect port - disconnected in the bottom bar of the updater. I've restarted a few times. Going to try msconfig to see if that helps.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem - after the 3rd try, i disabled my old Palm Hotsync and everything went fine - so it if your are stuck for like 5min with nothing happening, it IS Stuck - don't bother waiting any longer - BTDT

LSanna1488

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine got stuck after 2-3 seconds for like 3-4 minutes. I unplugged the usb from the phone really fast and put it right back in and it started moving again.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a simliar issue, I unplugged the phone, pulled the battery, and redid the download mode, then plugged back in and it worked fine.

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
If it sticks at "DEBUG: setup connection" this usually means there is a driver confliction. The drivers for the Samsung Moment are very fickle, and sometimes tend to have a mind of their own. What seems to work is uninstalling ANY drivers from Sprint or Samsung that you may have on your machine, and then do a fresh install of the update utility. When you plug your phone into USB during 'download mode', check your device manager in Windows to make sure that the phone is listed as "Samsung Mobile Modem" under "modems" or else the flashing probably isn't going to work.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney