- 1 Posts
2.1 Nonstop Reboot Loop
I updated 2 days ago.
Today I have started seeing a new problem.
The phone restarted itself, and then everytime it finishes booting it restarts again. It is stuck in a loop so that everytime it finishes booting, it restarts.
I have taken the battery out and put it back in and the problem persists.
I've done a bunch of searching and have found others with similar issues, but none with solid solutions. (I've seen suggestions of reinstalling the update, but that has since been proven to be a temporary solution at best)
I would like to see if anyone has come up with a better solution.
A couple of things I have noticed
- The one thing I see on my screen, nearly every time the reboot happens is a "New Email" notification. (possibly related?)
- Makes a noise and a half second vibrate everytime it reboots.
- Removing battery to reset it doesn't help.
- I cleared out my email account information to see if that helps but it still says New Email and reboots.
- 05-16-2010, 09:04 PM #2
- 89 Posts
Firmware- 2.1 Update 1
Build-JoeyKrim SDX Final 2.0.1
Root- Joeykrim v7
Recovery- SDX 3.1.0a
- 05-17-2010, 01:57 PM #3
- 5 Posts
I had this problem too. I tried reflashing a few times and the reboot loop always came back within the first few minutes, or after the first time turning it on after the phone had gone to sleep. I also tried taking it back to the CL14 version of the ROM (IOW, back to Android 1.5) which seemed to work fine, and then went back to 2.1 again and the problem still returned.
Finally I tried installing the official Sprint ROM with the new SWUpdate tool (I had been using the SDX ROM with the old SWUpdate before.) That seemed to work fine with no reboots, so I then went back to the old SWUpdate tool so I could install the recovery tool and joeykrim root zip from SDX and that seems to have worked fine too, although I have had one unexpected reboot since then, (about 24 hours ago) but it didn't loop. I'm happy now.
So I'm thinking that the 2.1 ROM downloaded from SDX got corrupted somewhere along the way. I had tried redownloading it at one point and it didn't help, but perhaps it was just fetched from a cache instead and I just downloaded the same corrupted copy. Since the new SWUpdate tool uses binaries with a .md5 extension I am assuming that it is doing a checksum and so it can tell if it is corrupted or not. That's a good thing. Hopefully the binaries coming from the SDX guys will start doing that too.