1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default Just changed from Pre to Moment

Looking for suggestions on apps to download. What are your favs?

I too just switched from the Pre to the Moment and would like some tips on "must have" apps!

So far, I've found Robo Defense is pretty awesome.

Talking

Another new Moment here. These three are recommended; all are free from the Market.

Advanced Task Killer - an absolute MUST HAVE housekeeping app

Jorte - good calendar app. I wasnt exactly bowled over by the preloaded calendar

ColorNote - I needed a notes app and am happy with this one

Cheers,

Matt

google goggles where you take a picture of something and it comes up in a google search wothout speaking or typing

i switched about six months ago. its a bit of culture shock at first and im not gonna lie i miss my pre sometimes.....especially since my wife still has one........but then i look at their 2600 apps and i feel much better about my decision, even though i do miss the hombrew scene and haven't rooted my phone yet (i will be if i cant get an official froyo update)..........anyway.....here's some apps that i started out with

handscent sms...... must have sms app when coming from a pre. very customizeable.

advanced task killer and advanced task cleaner pro.......i run em together. probably don't neet to but eeeeehhhh.

lookout mobile........ anti virus software that also backs up your phone.

fancy widget......the same clock that the hero has.....retro clock is nice too.

file manager.......self explanitory

shoot me.......... coming from a pre i got used to the screen capture option. this will give you that option without rooting

moment flash.......nice led flashlight (hey it comes in handy)

mixzing media player......i like it better than the stock player. it looks up missing album art for you and searches your sd card and suggests songs for you based on what's playing.

open home........adds more home screens and an app drawer kinda choppy tho
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I've added ColorNote, Advanced Task Killer, Google Goggle, Google Sky Map, eReader (for Palm books), Ultrachron free.

Still looking for a replacement for Splashmoney.

Newly converted here too! Loving the Moment, but need help creating group texts. I installed the handcent app but can't seem to get anywhere after that. Looking forward to trying out some of the suggested apps.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Default mee too

I just left the WebOS family, love the system but the phones were crap. I bought a Moment for two reasons.

1- The Moment is a bit older and cheaper. Picked it up for $70.00 and sold my old device for $75.00. I want to try Android to see how I like it. If I like it enough I will get a nicer phone.

2- Keyboard. I must have a physical keyboard.

3- Pre's build quality is crap. I had three die on me and called it quits.

I will miss the card system. I liked that I could have multiple programs open and visible. Is there anything like that for Android?

Check out the Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android. It will take you through step-by-step.

Basically, imagine if Palm had taken the best couple hundred patches we had proven out and added them to webOS. That's Android. Google did listen. And the apps will take your breath away.

Also, here is the Getting Started With Android.

As to apps, here are 100 of the most popular with quick explainations and links for each: Applications.

Also check out the Setup Tips and Tricks.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Default help

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Check out the Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android. It will take you through step-by-step.

Basically, imagine if Palm had taken the best couple hundred patches we had proven out and added them to webOS. That's Android. Google did listen. And the apps will take your breath away.

Also, here is the Getting Started With Android.

As to apps, here are 100 of the most popular with quick explainations and links for each: Applications.

Also check out the Setup Tips and Tricks.
    Ya some of that was a great help. There are a few things I will miss, but overall Android is a great platform.
    All operating systems have their strengths and weaknesses and apeall to different people at different times.

For me one of the great strengths of Android is that is is available from every carrier in a variety of devices. You are sure to find something you are going to like.