Moment vs Intercept

ballroomdru

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
5 Reasons to get the Moment over the Intercept

1.) The Moment has Rev A, the intercept has Rev 0
2.) The Moment has the standard resolution of 320 x 480 which developers have been developing for since the G1 first came out. The Intercept has this wacky 240 x 400 resolution that is already showing problems for apps.
3.) The Moment comes with SEPARATE charger and Data Cable (this is HUGE for me as i leave the data cable for charging at home and keep the charger in my bag for charging on the road.)
4.) The moment comes with headphones.
5.) The Moment camera has a flash for low light.

3 reasons to get the Intercept over the Moment

1.) The Intercept is smaller, rounder, and more pocket friendly.
2.) The Intercept will get 2.2/Froyo officially. The Moment will not.
3.) The Intercept has the "better" (this could be debated...we will see) keyboard.

Can anyone add anything to to this list I might have missed?

vintagetechtm

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I think you covered most of the info. I will add that the moment has sprint navigation and the google voice turn by turn directions. The moment does not have a touch sensitive search button on the front screen...it has home, menu, and back. The touch sensitive buttons do not vibrate when pressed like my old htc eris did. The momant has a bigger screen. The moment has an annoying notification (imho) when one plugs in the charger and headphones.

Over all I love the moment and my friend has had one for some time now and loves his too. I'm not sure why sprint would put the "newer" and supposedly "better" phone on the rev 0 system. That makes no sense to me. If you want 2.2 froyo and a faster processor and are not concerned about the slower rev 0 evdo then go with the intercept. Just beware that if you have any paid apps you might not be able to load those onto the intercept...I don't like to loose out on paid apps. The moment is a great phone. I'm by no means a newbie to the smartphone market. I've had blackberry, crappy widows mobile, and now android. If one were to ask me about my preference, I would say that android beats the iphone in that I can add micro sd cards to the phone where as the iphone does not alllow this (based on my knowledge...so if I'm wrong then please correct me).

Over all I would go with the moment. I think its a great phoke for work and play. The only thing I would add is if you have ms exchange mail then you should get the touchdown app which is $20 on the android market because I wasn't pleased with the stock/pre-installed options for me exchange mail.

JayCudi

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Seems as the Moment is better than the Intercept

Not sure why Samsung decided to release the Intercept (considering the Intercept and Moment are not too much different) but I guess some will prefer one over the other.

madronemedia

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Decided to switch from moment to intercept. Didn't really want to, but after three moments in 5 months....I needed to try something else. Would have preferred to pay more to go to EVO, but Sprint are jerks about this.

I've just had it for two days, but I like it so far. The lack of Rev A is ridiculous.

Likes: lighter weight. smaller feel. direct microSD access door. better keyboard, IMHO. Really like changes to some of the menues of the contacts and notifications and facebook integration. I have no idea why my three moments didn't have this since they are also on droid 2.1.

Dislike: Screen resolution much worse. Cheap feel of build.

I'll try and post later if anything good or bad crops up.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Decided to switch from moment to intercept. Didn't really want to, but after three moments in 5 months....I needed to try something else. Would have preferred to pay more to go to EVO, but Sprint are jerks about this.

I've just had it for two days, but I like it so far. The lack of Rev A is ridiculous.

Likes: lighter weight. smaller feel. direct microSD access door. better keyboard, IMHO. Really like changes to some of the menues of the contacts and notifications and facebook integration. I have no idea why my three moments didn't have this since they are also on droid 2.1.

Dislike: Screen resolution much worse. Cheap feel of build.

I'll try and post later if anything good or bad crops up.

I went to the Intercept about three weeks ago. One of the good points that no one had mentioned is that there's no major data lost issues on this phone. Also, I do use a task manager, seems to run a bit better with it.

Sent from my Samsung Intercept using Tapatalk.