Help...new moment user

Dani1281

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up my Sprint Moment yesterday. My old phone was thrown into a bathtub full of water, and it was time for an upgrade! Anyway, I was thrilled that my old phone was able to be salvaged enough for Sprint to load all of my contacts into my Moment. I did not, until yesterday, have a gmail account, and they explained to me at the Sprint store that I would need to create one. When I did this on my phone, all of my contacts are now gone! I don't have my old phone, since it wasn't able to be used at all, and I thought I had my contacts, I left it with the store to recycle. I have not other back up for all of my contacts! I tried to delete and un-sync the g-mail account, but if I delete it, it tells me it will restore to the factory settings. I am believing this to mean any hope I might have of finding my contacts on my phone would be gone.

Has anyone else had this problem? Am I totally screwed? I was really excited to be stepping into the Droid world, but now I would almost give anything to have my old POS phone back!!

Thanks in advance for any advice/or help.

Danielle :(

jdtoga

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried going to the g-mail website on the computer and checking to see that your contacts are there. If you phone sync'd then they should be located there.

vintagetechtm

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Open you contacts up (this can be done a few ways ...1) look for the contacts app in the programs by selecting the grey arrow at the bottum of your screen. Or you can hit the green phone button underneath the home touch button, then select the contacts tab at the top.) 2) once your in contacts you neneed to hit the "menu" key. 3) choose display options. 4) you shoulld be able to select your new gmail account and thenyou should see category or labels after selecting the gmail account. 5) select all of the cacategories. 6) select the "back" touch key and you should be back to your contacts. If any of the contacts on your phone synced to gmail then they should be visible at this time. Oh yes...if you see "only show contacts with phone numbers" selected in the display options then unselect that.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So, any luck getting these back? I am in the exact same boat (well its my sister's phone). They copied all the contacts from her old phone and I saw them in the contacts app. Then I added the google account and now they are gone.

My wife has an EVO and there you can select to save contacts either in the phone or in your google account. I assumed that the contacts app was just displaying google contacts and there must be some setting to display the phone contacts but I can't find it.

Anyone?