Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moment OTA update

This morning i woke up to an ota update. it changed my build number from di06 to djo7. other than that i havent seen any differences if anyone gets info on what this did please let me know any fixes with the moment are extremley welcomed lol as we all know

Global Posts
    1,138 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock - but Rooted

Here is some info I found this morning as I got my OTA update this morning

Samsung Moment:10/22 - Samsung Moment Maintenance...
    DLH203 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,545 Global Posts

I don't know why but yesterday morning I was going ot check my email and I got the popup to upgrade. I clicked yes and it went through the process. That was at 7:00 a.m. The phone had 100% battery per my meter even though I took it off the charging cord at 12 something the night before. Usually is at 90% after I get the email. I didn't look at the phone again until 10:30 a.m. to finally get my email and the meter said 5% left.

I didn't have a charger and was going to be gone for the day so I went to the Sprint Store to tell them what happened and maybe borrow a battery while they charged mine and I'd be back in a few hours. They are always nice at this store and she went in the back and got me a fully charged battery and said not to worry about it she'd just keep mine.

Well, I haven't had that problem since so maybe it was just a coincidence that the battery went bad at the same time of the update or if the update caused it. I never get good battery life out of the Moment (and that goes for the new battery either, but never saw anything like yesterday. Anyone else have the same problem?

Global Posts
    1,138 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock - but Rooted

Nope - I have always had good battery life IMHO depending how hard I use my phone - everyones definition of how hard they use their phone varies, but I get anywhere between 5 to 14 hrs between charges - a large spread yes, but it depends on how you use it on a particular day I guess.

I average about 10hrs of battery life per day - I also try and charge mid day and always at night - but unlike my old Palm Treo I always get woken up early in the morning when it hits full charge to remind me to unplug it - My Samsung definetly is not as smart as my old Treo in this respect.

Global Posts
    1,048 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something Beta

Updated a few days ago, what a joke. At least it seemed to fix the screen lock issue. Data lock is still alive and kicking.