Need help fast

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Basically, I have to make my decision tomorrow. For those who have gone from a Hero to a Moment (or from a Pre to a Moment), have you regretted your decision? I currently own the Hero (had the Pre), and am either going back to the Pre or the Moment. The Hero is TOOOOOOOOO slow, even with a custom ROM on top, and I know that 2.1 won't fix anything because if 2.1 is going to bring MORE features, graphics, and otherthings to the ALREADY laggy SenseUI, how can speed increase be possible? 528 mhz just simply isn't enough; I feel like a have a bigger HTC Diamond with a bigger battery.

I really hate the Moment because it has no multitouch, is ugly and bulky, has worse battery life, bad GPS, is running UGLY cupcake (unless you can put SenseUI on it), and most of all.......it's made by Samsung. I really DO NOT think Samsung will push the 2.1 update for the Moment within the first 2 or 3 months of 2010. I think they just came out with the Moment because Android is "in" right now, and do not plan on supporting it AT ALL.

I really don't want the Pre back because there are WAY too many bugs (e-mail, alarm clock, battery, exchange.....you know the rest) and the slider and keyboard make the device suck.

BUT...the Moment processor offers more advantages than the Hero. I thought I also read that the Moment processor is capable of running iPhone like games, and will be able to handle Flash content.

Brat

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
My son has a pre but if he was able to he would take my Moment in a heartbeat. He prefers all the apps that are available for Android (and anticipates the new ones coming out) and hates the pre keyboard.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Just like the Pre, I'm giving my Moment six months.. :) Should have android 2.1 by then. I've only had it for about a week and am so far happy with it.

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from a touch pro to a bb curve 8330 & now with this moment and I absolutely love it. My mum who isn't that much into hi-tech phones thinks its too much to look at. My sister thinks its hot stuff. I will be staying with this phone for a long while despite the retarded keyboard layout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy