Calendar force close error

Brat

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I love my Moment but recently I started getting the force close message for my calendar. If I do anything with it (add items or just look at the calendar), I am forced to close the calendar.

Is anyone else having this issue, and is there a fix for it? It's so frustrating!!

Thx

ColdStart

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I had this same problem when I first got my Moment. Think it had to do with me not knowing what I was doing. Playing around with both the phone & Google at the same time. I had to clear out all my calendar info on both the phone and at Google and reenter it in one location. That worked for me. Never saw the error - "Sorry! The process com.android.calendar has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Brat

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I just found that if you clear your calendar cache on the phone, I don't get that error anymore! And I did a test appt on my phone, and it automatically synced to my google calendar on my pc.

settings ->applications -> manage applications -> calendar storage -> clear cache

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

cmcole101

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I just found that if you clear your calendar cache on the phone, I don't get that error anymore! And I did a test appt on my phone, and it automatically synced to my google calendar on my pc.

settings ->applications -> manage applications -> calendar storage -> clear cache

Hope that helps.

Sadly I must state that I, too, get the calendar crash every time I use any app that touches the calendar...Gemini Calendar, Daily Briefing, and Ringer Genie. Following the suggestion to clear the cache doesn't seem to help as it is empty and all buttons are grayed out.

Since I've had non-stop crashes with Kies on my Windows 7 Enterprise system (MainStage crash EVERY time I start it), I installed a system called DejaOffice and it seems to work out just fine. Of course this is because it has its own calendar system, but the auto-profile program (Ringer Genie was the only program I found that could do what I need) no longer works.

Has anyone found a solution to fixing the calendar issue for Froyo 2.2.1? I'd hate to have to revert to 2.2.

Thanks in advance.
Cole :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac