voice to text- handcent

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Trying to get the voice to text 2 work on the moment using handset but it says something is missing what needs to be downloaded to get it working?

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
well its not so much as the phone but the app.
I have the Hero and use the voice to text thru Handcent sms with no problems.
but the hero also has voice to text search options.
trying to figure out if the Moment can do the same thing any kind of way.
My friend has the moment and im trying to help him out or let him know to take it back and get the Hero.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I clicked on the mic option, and it said recognizer not present, so I'm wondering if there's something that I don't have installed.

strhessed

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
well its not so much as the phone but the app.
I have the Hero and use the voice to text thru Handcent sms with no problems.
but the hero also has voice to text search options.
trying to figure out if the Moment can do the same thing any kind of way.
My friend has the moment and im trying to help him out or let him know to take it back and get the Hero.
Seriously ? You would return the Moment for the Zero just to get that app to work ? The Hero is so much slower than the Moment, but I guess if you don't mind waiting, go ahead.

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Seriously ? You would return the Moment for the Zero just to get that app to work ? The Hero is so much slower than the Moment, but I guess if you don't mind waiting, go ahead.

Not 100% true I have loaded the same same apps and web sites on both phones and the loaded at about the same time. He likes that option on the phone.

GODSPEED#WP

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I clicked on the mic option, and it said recognizer not present, so I'm wondering if there's something that I don't have installed.

Stock Android 1.5 does not support google voice to text. When we get the 2.1 anroid update it will support voice 2 text. I don't know how that will interact with the Nuance Voice Control that is currently on the Moment.

Sense UI on the Hero, allows it to have the voice to text and voice search, even though it is Android 1.5.

Hope that answers your question. I can't wait for the 2.1 update; it will change this phone.