1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default active screen on call

I am having a hard time finding an answer for this... hopefully you can help.

My wife has the Moment and has an issue with the screen staying active while she is on a call. This causes her to sometimes hang up on the person she is talking to with her cheek.

is there a way to disable the screen while she is on a call?
    Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica

Global Posts
    4,501 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Mine always times out when I'm on a call. What does she have the time out limit set to? Mine goes off after a minute.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

There is a proximity sensor in the upper left side of the phone. If it's not working (maybe try the prox. sensor test), then I'd suggest taking it in for replacement. It may not be working, which could cause the screen not to turn off, or there's an app running that's keeping it on. It should, turn off the screen (sometimes it's a little slow), then turn back on when taken away from your ear.

How do you do the proximity sensor test? Is it an app or somewhere in the phone because I have the same problem and my phone backlight turns off and on when Im on a call using my headset or bluetooth.

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

There's an app in the market called Sensor List, that might help.

<<Taken from Sprint Community Forum, posted by Seraph... Remember, Google is your friend. >>

One way you could test the sensors... there is an app on the marketplace called "Sensor List". It's pretty tech oriented, but will definately let you know if the sensors are working or acting up. Link to the app is here and QR code is pasted below:

The sensors aren't really named in a recognizable way in the app. The proximity sensor on my phone is listed as "GP2AP"... maybe it will be the same on yours... don't know. If you can see the sensors not working in the app, you can use that as proof to a Sprint rep to replace your phone under a manufacturer defect warranty.

Hope this helps...
    <<End of rip off>>

Seraph had a good answer I think.

Quote Originally Posted by kbshowtyme View Post
    How do you do the proximity sensor test? Is it an app or somewhere in the phone because I have the same problem and my phone backlight turns off and on when Im on a call using my headset or bluetooth.
    prox test: from the dialer, type in:

*#0*#

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Proximity Sensor

I am using the sensor list application & it is reading 0 for GP2AP. Can it give you an accurate reading for the proximity sensor if its not active? Do the 0's mean that my proximity sensor is not working?