Post All Moment 2.1 Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

op3rator

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
thats a bunch of crap, they said the same thing a couple of months ago. They're REALLY bad with customer service and phone updates. I think I may consider moving to Verizon who knows what problems they can't resolve when the EVO gets here

yeah i agree somethings got to give

rkjg24

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I know for a fact that the forums know more than the reps do...I used to be a store rep. Sprint waits until the last second to let them know anything. I have no idea where all these rumors of specific dates are coming from, either.

Them waiting forever to release an update kind of sucks too, but I still love their service.

gbuff19

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Any new rumors of 2.1 being released from Sprint for the Moment this week?
KansasCityJoe, you here anything else?
Anyone? Can't wait much longer.

Last edited:

thunderx2000

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I was in a Sprint store yesterday at the mall in Taylor, MI and I asked the guy that works there and he told me sometime in the last 2 weeks in June. So pretty much First Half of 2010 was a blatant lie. As usual we Sprint subscribers with Android phones or Windows Mobile phones(i.e Touch Pro2) are going to be late to the party while everyone else will have already left. I'm glad I found that leaked 2.1 beta update. Note to Sprint: Don't post a twitter update about Android 2.1 if you can't decide when you'll be releasing to the public.

arwild01

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
thats a bunch of crap, they said the same thing a couple of months ago. They're REALLY bad with customer service and phone updates. I think I may consider moving to Verizon who knows what problems they can't resolve when the EVO gets here

I was in a Sprint store yesterday at the mall in Taylor, MI and I asked the guy that works there and he told me sometime in the last 2 weeks in June. So pretty much First Half of 2010 was a blatant lie. As usual we Sprint subscribers with Android phones or Windows Mobile phones(i.e Touch Pro2) are going to be late to the party while everyone else will have already left. I'm glad I found that leaked 2.1 beta update. Note to Sprint: Don't post a twitter update about Android 2.1 if you can't decide when you'll be releasing to the public.

Droid_Moment ask the Motorolla Droid owners about their thoughts on Verizon delaying the 2.1 update... that went on FOREVER! Sprint has consistently been giving the same message about when the update would come, "early Q2". There has been constant Internet speculation about trying to pin down an exact date, but you can't get mad at Sprint when they don't deliever on a date they _NEVER_ said they would.

Thunderx2000... it's well established that reps in stores don't know anything. They are willing to speculate just like everyone on these forums do, but just because "they heard" or "knew someone else that heard" something doesn't mean they have any more information then they do.

Don't get me wrong... I'm disappointed too. I was really hoping that "early Q2" would mean sometime closer to April 1st, but the reality is "early Q2" (which is all Spring has ever heard could really mean any time up to early May!

(For those that don't understand quarters, Q2 would be April 1st through June 30th... defining "early" is hard to do, but most have speculated that "early", "middle", and "late" would map to the months of April, May, and June respectively. That said, those terms are fuzzy for a reason... there's a fudge factor there.... and I'm sure Sprint did that on purpose).

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
They didn't say what date, but they did give hints as to EARLY q1 to Q2... we're still in Q2... I'm dropping them anways, so I pretty much dont care lol someone else who bought my moment will :D

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
thunderx2000 do you know what 1st half of 2010 means....... and sprint never annouced any date all these dates* where rumors from who knows where.. I can start my own rumor date and you would fall for it... if sprint doesnt provide a update before june 30th then yes bash on them for their lies..

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
if you want 2.1 so desperately go over to sdx forums and try it out.. ive been running 2.1 for about a week without any issues just a few glitches but none that will make me want to go back to 1.5..

kjwhite622

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I cannot understand why everyone wants to jump ship from Sprint because an update for the phone you purchased for obvious other reasons than wanting to get an update. There had to have been something other than waiting for 2.0 or 2.1 to be released that made you want the phone. It is not a bad phone as it is, sure there's some issues with it but hey, all phones have something someone doesn't like about it. I can see if it's getting in the way of someone doing thier job or something its understandable to be upset, but just because you don't have live backgrounds or your face hits the mute button or you can't view a website without flash, don't be so thin skinned about it. We live with inconveniences everyday that are worse than this. I just see a lot of complaining about an update that has nothing to do with the service or the price you pay for everything compared to the other companies. If waiting an additional month to get an update is going to save me $20 - $30 for that month if I switch, then I think I'll wait. If we could all just stop complaining about what we don't have and enjoy the things we do, we might not be so angry about such little things. I'm not trying to offend anyone, just open some eyes. I love my moment and am willing to wait for any update that would make it that much more enjoyable!!

jdtoga

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree with kjwhite622. I love my moment. Just because an update isn't here yet doesn't mean I'm going to jump ship and give up Sprint to go to another service. I didn't even know about a 2.1 update until a couple of weeks ago when I started to visit this forum. My phone is awesome. I'm sure an update will make it an even better phone. Until then I'm just as satisfied with things. Everyone, (including myself) wants the latest and greatest, but no matter what we get we're still not happy because we know something new is just around the corner. I'm learning to stop looking ahead for that new gadget or update and enjoy what I have in the present. It makes things a whole lot nicer. When the update comes I'll be in line just like every one else to get it, but until then I'll enjoy what I have.

Last edited:

ret2961#AC

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow, just got the Moment and thought I could flash the 2.1, and I was wrong. I know I'm a n00b generally and a REAL n00b in Android, but I couldn't get past stage 1 with this stuff. I guess I'm in the wait-until-its-official category while I'm in my 30 day return window!

Thanks for the effort, though, I'm not up to the task...

youngmoney321

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Timing of Samsung Moment Android 2.1 update

I admit I was one of the frustrated many waiting on the 2.1 update until I did some industry research. Sprint realized that Verizon was releasing the Droid Incredible April 29 (today). Waiting until after the Incredible would allow Sprint to cut into Verizon`s sales. Why pay $199 for Android 2.1 on Verizon when you have your choice of Android 2.1 (keyboard or not) on Sprint for less than half the price? Sprint will be releasing in the first week of May to dent Verizon`s Motorola Droid and Droid Incredible saless and ratchet up the hype for HTC Evo in June. Just a theory but after doing my research it appears to be all about timing and market strategy friends.

woldy2

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow, just got the Moment and thought I could flash the 2.1, and I was wrong. I know I'm a n00b generally and a REAL n00b in Android, but I couldn't get past stage 1 with this stuff. I guess I'm in the wait-until-its-official category while I'm in my 30 day return window!

Thanks for the effort, though, I'm not up to the task...

Let me know if you want some help with getting it on your phone...the official should be coming out soon, but 2.1 is awesome so ill gladly help if you want