Sprint Reduces Moment to only $99.99

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Surprise!!

Those of you holding out for a Samsung Moment are lucky!!
Sprint just reduced their price to only $99.99 after $100 rebate.
Yesterday's price was $179.99 after MIR

The Sprint HTC Hero is now at $149.99 after $100 rebate.
Yesterday's price was $179.99 after MIR

Kinda wonder why the Samsung Moment dropped so much???
Does Sprint want to dump their Moment inventory or something???
Makes you kinda wonder.....

Any way @ $99.99 I thinks its worth it.
Its replacement is sure to cost double or tripple the price.

What are you waiting for???

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
They're both available for $99.99 at Radio Shack lol

and I think they might have lowered their price just because of the ratings the phone may have? or because the Hero is more business related phone than the Moment is.

strhessed

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
They're both available for $99.99 at Radio Shack lol

and I think they might have lowered their price just because of the ratings the phone may have? or because the Hero is more business related phone than the Moment is.

The Hero is more business related ? That's right, they were going to call it the HEROBERRY. WTF ? That was the stupidest comment I have ever read.

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
The Hero is more business related ? That's right, they were going to call it the HEROBERRY. WTF ? That was the stupidest comment I have ever read.

why is the moment so underrated .. its a very nice device. its rare that i see a lag on my phone unlike the hero which i tried..

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
@str- I wouldn't call it a HeroBerry haha

@Jo- I think it's underrated just because of the battery life in it? When people first got it the battery was horrible, idk if people have still rated it on there. The Moment is more of a play/texting phone than it is a business phone. I don't see the Moment competing with Blackberries at all... and the moment isn't that much customizable... I actually don't like it that much now that I have it back.. I sorta wish I would have stayed with the Hero, I could have put up with full-touchscreen for a year...

kidafrika

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. Went to Best Buy last night and got my $50 back in cash!

Bought my phone two weeks ago (within the 30 day return period), and they price matched it no problem.

strhessed

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
@str- I wouldn't call it a HeroBerry haha

@Jo- I think it's underrated just because of the battery life in it? When people first got it the battery was horrible, idk if people have still rated it on there. The Moment is more of a play/texting phone than it is a business phone. I don't see the Moment competing with Blackberries at all... and the moment isn't that much customizable... I actually don't like it that much now that I have it back.. I sorta wish I would have stayed with the Hero, I could have put up with full-touchscreen for a year...

Dude, you're nuts ! The Hero is inferior compared to the Moment ! As for battery life, after the CL14 update, I now get on average 36 hours with relatively heavy usage ! The Hero is a nice LOOKING phone, but don't go style over substance when it comes to your Android device. I have had both devices and the Moment runs circles around the Hero. It's way faster at everything that it does. As for customization, there are so many ways to customize it, it's almost ridiculous !!! Open Home, Beautiful Widgets... As for not being a business device, was it ever advertised as such ? No ? Didn't think so. I came from a Blackberry and loved it, but there is nothing I could do on my Berry that I can't do on my Moment, but much more I can do on my Moment that could never be done on my Berry. I'm extremely happy with my Moment and 1.5. When 2.1 comes out, it will just be that much better !!

End rant.

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Dude, you're nuts ! The Hero is inferior compared to the Moment ! As for battery life, after the CL14 update, I now get on average 36 hours with relatively heavy usage ! The Hero is a nice LOOKING phone, but don't go style over substance when it comes to your Android device. I have had both devices and the Moment runs circles around the Hero. It's way faster at everything that it does. As for customization, there are so many ways to customize it, it's almost ridiculous !!! Open Home, Beautiful Widgets... As for not being a business device, was it ever advertised as such ? No ? Didn't think so. I came from a Blackberry and loved it, but there is nothing I could do on my Berry that I can't do on my Moment, but much more I can do on my Moment that could never be done on my Berry. I'm extremely happy with my Moment and 1.5. When 2.1 comes out, it will just be that much better !!

End rant.

It wasn't advertised much because it's almost like a low-end phone, it's not any greater really. However, the themes on the Moment are hideous, so I don't even bother with that. Battery is still crappy on mine even tough it came with a CL14 firmware. I get less service for some reason, and Sprints CR is horrible. I'm on Rep #4 now.

I would switch back to an HTC with the same specs as a Moment, in a heart beat. Just gotta wait for the Supersonic, until then I am stuck "in the Moment"

strhessed

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
It wasn't advertised much because it's almost like a low-end phone, it's not any greater really. However, the themes on the Moment are hideous, so I don't even bother with that. Battery is still crappy on mine even tough it came with a CL14 firmware. I get less service for some reason, and Sprints CR is horrible. I'm on Rep #4 now.

I would switch back to an HTC with the same specs as a Moment, in a heart beat. Just gotta wait for the Supersonic, until then I am stuck "in the Moment"

You must just have bad luck. My Moment performs flawlessly and battery life is great for me (24-36 hrs on average and I play A LOT of games). A low end phone ? You make me giggle. You should change your screen name if you're gonna slam the phone though. Maybe change it to "Droid_I like to bitch and complain a lot".

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I should actually :) very good point.

And maybe I do have bad luck. What am I gonna do about it? Maybe b*itch at Samsung and Sprint just to make myself happy.

cocoleveo7686

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you buy it at Best Buy ? If so, they will refund the difference. If you bought it through Sprint, I'd imagine you're S.O.L. !

no i bought it through sprint but i am within the 30 days of returning it...so if they dont want to credit me the difference i will return the phone and then repurchase it in a few weeks.

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Wait, how much did you pay for it? I paid 100 bucks + tax for my moment. Why would you get a refund if you're still on the 30 days? I got my phone on Jan 11th.

cocoleveo7686

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Wait, how much did you pay for it? I paid 100 bucks + tax for my moment. Why would you get a refund if you're still on the 30 days? I got my phone on Jan 11th.

i paid 180 plus tax and activation which total cost was about 215. Now the phone is 100 plus tax...so i should beable to return it and get money back.

cocoleveo7686

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Sang. Yeah you should set go in ASAP lol what are you waiting for??

well i ended up returning the phone today because they didtn wanna credit me the difference so i told them i would purchase the phone later. O well...hopefully in a month or 2 they will come out with more droid phones!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance