Text Message drop from EVDO to 1x

ether813

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if this is an issue, everytime i send a text message, my Samsung Moment drops to 1x from EVDO. I purchased this device yesterday and it had CL14 on it and I have the latest PRL. I just want know if this is normal, because when it drops to 1x sometimes it can take awhile to switch back to EVDO, and sometimes i need to switch to airplane mode and then back again, then the signal strength will show EDVO again. Also I can browse the internet on EDVO with no problems at all.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know if this is an issue, everytime i send a text message, my Samsung Moment drops to 1x from EVDO. I purchased this device yesterday and it had CL14 on it and I have the latest PRL. I just want know if this is normal, because when it drops to 1x sometimes it can take awhile to switch back to EVDO

This is normal.

, and sometimes i need to switch to airplane mode and then back again, then the signal strength will show EDVO again.

This is not.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know if this is an issue, everytime i send a text message, my Samsung Moment drops to 1x from EVDO. I purchased this device yesterday and it had CL14 on it and I have the latest PRL. I just want know if this is normal, because when it drops to 1x sometimes it can take awhile to switch back to EVDO

This is normal.

, and sometimes i need to switch to airplane mode and then back again, then the signal strength will show EDVO again.

This is not. It should automatically switch back on it's own, unless you are in a weak EVDO coverage spot.

ether813

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply...I never noticed that drop on my Pre when i had it. Sometimes i just think it is the Signal strength indicator because even when i browse at 1x it sure feels just as fast...thanks again

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
mine gets stuck in the 1x til i put it into airplane and then back. but i know what your saying, is there a speedtest site to access from a cellphone?

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
my phone doesnt really do this but usually its when i have more then 2-3 data programs running.. since most of the times my instant messenger is on. and my weather widget. thats 2 services pushing data and when i sent a text sometimes it switches to 1x but usually it comes back without me doing anything usually i open a browser and it goes back. someone please post a site for a speed test i would like to know

Stiv_X

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
There is an app for speedtest. It works well, too. I have looked at the difference between 3G and my Wi-Fi many times. Search for it on the market. It is free.

Tizzle

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Looks like this is just something we are to deal with in the undated phones. (Never had this issue in the previous verison) What?s worse is when it will just get stuck with the upload arrow bright but no download arrow and you have to shut down your phone to fix it.

Mine will do it once every 3 days or 3 times a day. I haven?t found out yet what the trigger is. So if anyone knows please enlighten me.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
i think the radio is switching but not the icon, i did a test in EV and when it got stuck in 1x and the tests were almost identical. First was 856kb down, then 780kb down, then 870kb down and the last 2 were in the "1x" mode

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital