Coming from Pre to Moment

p2theg77

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Excited about getting my new phone tomorrow. I have a Pre now that is rooted with homebrew apps & tethered. What are some of the first things I should to once I get my Moment? The main reasons I'm switching is for a better keyboard, Android Market, widgets, and video record capabilities.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, I think the keyboard on the Pixi better, but that's not what we're talking about. The first thing that I would recommend on doing is getting a Task Killer like Automatic Task Killer from the Market :)

Sammael

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I did the exact same thing you are about two weeks ago. I have to say, as nice as WebOS is, I couldn't be happier back on Android. I'd recommend either Task Manager or ATK for tasks, and if you're a twitter user, either Seesmic or Touiteur. After that, perhaps Slacker or Pandora, and the rest really depends on what you're looking for. Enjoy your new device.

jackitoday

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I moved from the Palm Pre to the Cliq about a week ago. So loving the change to Android. I was a release date Pre purchaser, and while I miss many things about the Pre -- mostly Pre Central and the easy rooting --- I am loving the Cliq. Not sure I can figure out the rooting, but hopefully I'll figure it out eventually.

htcman724

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
so i to have jumped ship on the pre while i waited for 1.4 to the update just wan't enough to keep me.i was looking to root my moment is there any threads on how to do it?

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Jumped from Pre to Moment in January, and so far Love Android.. It's definately kicking WebOS butt for me anyways.

Hustletron

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Since rooting is mentioned in here, I wanted to ask, once Android 2 comes out whenever that will be, will there a conflict between the rooted OS and Android 2? Or will it just install and overwrite the existing OS and system files? I'm seriously considering rooting my phone if only to remove the applications I'm never going to use and the ones that keep auto starting/self starting.

wkj

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Since rooting is mentioned in here, I wanted to ask, once Android 2 comes out whenever that will be, will there a conflict between the rooted OS and Android 2? Or will it just install and overwrite the existing OS and system files? I'm seriously considering rooting my phone if only to remove the applications I'm never going to use and the ones that keep auto starting/self starting.

I was told that no one knows what will have to be done with a rooted Moment until 2.1 is released. I'm waiting for CTIA before I root. If a nice new Android comes out real soon I'll go for it and return the Moment (nothing wrong with the moment though.)

wkj

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I was told that no one knows what will have to be done with a rooted Moment until 2.1 is released. I'm waiting for CTIA before I root. If a nice new Android comes out real soon I'll go for it and return the Moment (nothing wrong with the moment though.)

wkj

just reflash back the kernal to stock thats all...

davedsone

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
i switched a while ago. although i think WebOS is WAY better, the hardware quality of the pre is enough to make me happy i switched. The update to 2.1 will certainly make it TOTAL happiness.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, first post here. I'm also coming from the Pre to the Moment...at least temporarily. I just bought a Moment off contract from ebay (brand new for $289) so hopefully I will have it in a few days. I've had my Pre since launch and absolutely love it, but unfortunately I developed the dreaded USB port crack and it's now starting to go across the screen. I do have Best Buy's protection plan so it's getting fixed for free, but they said it will probably be 30 days before I get it back, and I'm not about to put a $150 deposit on some old loaner flip phone that isn't worth 20 bucks. I figured this would be a great time to give an Android device a try. I decided to go with the Moment over the Hero mainly because of the physical keyboard since I'm used to Palm's devices. (had a Centro before the Pre)

Once my Pre is back, I will probably sell one or the other depending on which one I like better. Then it will just be a waiting game to see what else comes along since I get an upgrade in June. Right now the Supersonic looks very promising, but I'm also hoping that Palm comes out with something new by then too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz