Heard lots of bad things about the moment?

CandleStick69

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
The moment is really attractive to me right now because of that QWERTY keyboard that is rare to find on android these days.. i've heard nothing but negative things about the moment.. It looks like a solid nice phone to me..
Any ideas?

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
You're going to find problems with every phone. I have had issues with my Moment, but I'm keeping it. I've had issues with my Pre, so I use the Moment instead.I'd suggest trying it out, you have 30 days..

shcole

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I own both a moment and a pre. both have some issues, but I like them both. Pre gets updates all the time to keep it fresh. Moment should have 2.1 soon to keep it fresh. Both capable smartphones, but both would irritate me if I didn't have the other to use when one does not do what I want....I suspect every phone has it strengths and weakness' just do a little research and try to choose one that is strong in areas you deem important to you and it should be fine.

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I say you should just try it for yourself. I've had my Moment for about two months, and have only had very minor issues with it. It does all I want it to do, is super fast, and I always get a "Wow, what kind of phone is that?" from a lot of people! Guess my Zelda ringtone really helps out with that lol. Really, though, the best way to tell if you'll like it or not is to get it, and use it for a while to try it out. Remember if you don't like it, you have a thirty day exchange period!

jdtoga

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Moment for about three weeks now and I can say It's one of the best phones I have ever had. At first I wasn't going to get the phone because I had read a lot of post about battery life and other things. I was using a Blackberry Curve at the time and figured I would stick with a new Blackberry. But, I did a lot of web surfing researching the Moment and figured What the heck, I have 30 days. Well I can say I am so glad I chose the Moment. It does everything I want it to do and MORE. As far as all the comments about battery life. I found a couple of suggestions on here and the web and after putting them to use my battery is great. I can go two to three days without charging the phone. With such a data intensive phone I think that's pretty good. So, My advice is to give it a try and see for yourself.

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Out the box... the moment does have its problems.. with a little tweaking you'll find it runs like a dream. It's the magic of Android - customization. I'd suggest updating to a recent SDX kernel and new recovery, get the setcpu app, a task killer, and you'll be more than happy with it. I know I am.

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Out the box... the moment does have its problems.. with a little tweaking you'll find it runs like a dream. It's the magic of Android - customization. I'd suggest updating to a recent SDX kernel and new recovery, get the setcpu app, a task killer, and you'll be more than happy with it. I know I am.

this is true.. out of the box its okay.. but if you like technology , customization then this is for you.. i recommend rooting it. its easy simple and fast, takes 30 secs to root!.

Kungfubhuda

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Shcole, how do you switch between your phones? Are they both activated? I also have a moment and a pre, but the process to activate one or the other is a lot more annoying than just swapping out a sim card.

I love and hate both phones. The pre is built with bad hardware, but great software, and I'd largely say the opposite of the moment (hoping 2.1 fixes that).

Most of my frustrations come from the *phone* feature itself.
Ex:
- I ALWAYS accidentally hit mute with my face on calls
- The dialpad goes dim too quickly, which is annoying for automated calls (Press 1 for...)

I also LOATHE the voice control "feature", which you can't uninstall, the task always comes back, and I frequently hit the stupid button for it.

The Moment is, however, a good phone. Its very fast, durable and getting an update soon. My advice, wait until the reviews for Moment on the 2.1 update are in. That or wait for the Supersonic.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Every phone gets a bad rep as soon as it comes out and I think sometimes you see more posts about what's wrong with a device that what's good with it. I personally love my Moment!! It does everything I want it to do and more. Once you get one and personalize it (apps, widgets, ect.) you'll love it too!

Shcole, how do you switch between your phones? Are they both activated? I also have a moment and a pre, but the process to activate one or the other is a lot more annoying than just swapping out a sim card.

You can swap phones on Sprints website easily or if for some reason that can't be done, you can always do it through the chat function on their site.

davedsone

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have both the Pre and the Moment, and I can tell you the moment is a very solid bit of hardware. The software is Android 1.5 stock, so if you don't like it, dont blame the phone. I have used the Hero, and can tell you HTC's improvements to the UI are enormous, but this phone out-muscles that one by a huge margin. They keyboard is solid, the phone itself well made and substantial. Nothing fancy, but a genuine workhorse. The battery issue was solved by doing the run down three times bit, its good now. I really like this phone, and hope the 2.1 update gives it some added features and pizzaz.

SouthernBelle

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine last night (switched to Sprint). I had a Storm and didn't like it to say the least. So far, I'm loving the speed and beautiful display with awesome web browsing.

sprintnerd

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
run down

I have both the Pre and the Moment, and I can tell you the moment is a very solid bit of hardware. The software is Android 1.5 stock, so if you don't like it, dont blame the phone. I have used the Hero, and can tell you HTC's improvements to the UI are enormous, but this phone out-muscles that one by a huge margin. They keyboard is solid, the phone itself well made and substantial. Nothing fancy, but a genuine workhorse. The battery issue was solved by doing the run down three times bit, its good now. I really like this phone, and hope the 2.1 update gives it some added features and pizzaz.

Could you plz explain what "run down" means. Just learning :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech