Voice to Text Features in Android on Moment?

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey all! I was just wondering if the "Nuance Voice" app on the phone can do all the fancy things that it can on other phones like the Droid (say voice search and etc.)? I see it on all kinds of commercials and everything (Droid lol) and would love to know if I could utilize voice-based functions on my Moment. If not, are there any decent apps that would let me? Thanks in advance guys (and gals!)!

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey all! I was just wondering if the "Nuance Voice" app on the phone can do all the fancy things that it can on other phones like the Droid (say voice search and etc.)? I see it on all kinds of commercials and everything (Droid lol) and would love to know if I could utilize voice-based functions on my Moment. If not, are there any decent apps that would let me? Thanks in advance guys (and gals!)!

Not yet. The Moment is currently running Cupcake (Android 1.5) and is not compatible with voice searching yet. In a couple weeks, with the 2.1 upgrade, it will be able to do anything and everything with voice search.

The Nuance Voice application you referred to lets you use your voice to search through your contact list and call or send messages by speaking. However this application does not support voice searching in google maps, browsers, or any other 3rd party applications aside from Nuance.

Be patient, 2.1 is right around the corner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs