Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Suggestions for cracked screen?

My wife just dropped her Samsung Moment

The screen has about a dozen cracks all across it, but I think it still works? I'm afraid to try using it, though, lest I cut myself. Will a screen protector make it safe to use?

Or, does anyone know what the options are (and costs) to get the screen replaced?

For your sake, I hope you have insurance on your phone! If not, I think sprint charges like $119 for repairs - but don't take that to the bank. I would take it to your nearest service center tomorrow, and see what they say. However, even if you have insurance, there's still a copay.

As for safety for using it while it's cracked - i have no idea - I've not cracked mine (yet! lol, I have six dogs -- I'm amazed I've made it this far!)...Good luck!

62 Posts
    Rooted FF18

Even with the Total Equipment Protection you are still shelling out $100 for a replacement.

Default You can fix it if you are brave

You can find a replacement screen on Ebay. It is only 29 dollars. There is a site that give explicit directions on how to replace the screen. The repair takes about 2 hrs. It is tough but if you are good with your hands you can do it. If you try it be careful and take your time. I am not a professional but I am very good at following instructions and you must be.