Problem with Handcent losing my texts

HampTheToker

Banned
Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Every now and then Handcent loses my messages. It's odd because the message will show up in the notification bar, but not in the thread. I've tweaked the settings trying to figure it out, but I get nothing. I've even emailed the dev and no response.

If anyone has any insights into my problem I'd appreciate your input.

ZimLanfire

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I thought I had a similar problem a while back.

Turns out, the text messages were arranging weird. I didn't see a new text message right off, but if I scrolled up it was there. It would end up between texts I'd received sometimes hours beforehand.

No idea why. It happens how and then, but not often anymore.

Kungfubhuda

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
On a related note, I frequently have text messages unable to send. It shows the little error sign and usually won't even work if I resend the message. Its driving me crazy. Does anyone else run into this issue?

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
My problem with Handcent is that it slows down often. So I went in to the Application Settings menu on the phone and cleared the data cache up and it sped back up. Never had to do it with ChompSMS, although now I only use the default messaging app lol.

VaccPalm

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone ever find a fix for this. Handcent started doing this to me. Every day text messages are disapoearing. I see the last text in the notification bar but when I open a thread its months back. Like text are slowly disapearing. ANd I have the latest. I treid re-installing but no luck. Even tried an older version and no luck. The text are all in the stock one so somehow Handcent is not showing me all my text.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton