Moment or wait?

arcai

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Hello.
I am currently a Sprint customer with the Blackberry Curve 8330m. I'm eligible for an upgrade next month and I was either going to wait for the Bold 9650 to be released or try an android phone. Atm, the Moment is the only android phone I'm considering cause it has the full physical keyboard (a must for me). I was just wondering should I go ahead and get it? Or would it be better to wait and see what new devices are released? I'm willing to wait through the summer or til the 9650 comes out (whichever is later).

Thanks, any help is appreciated. :)

jaxandjokers

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got the moment about a month ago. i was using the bb 8330 and i love the moment so much more tons of free useful apps that are free and the moment itself is an awsome phone .

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
i love my moment and have no problems like alot of people on here... but there are some really nice phones coming out soon..... if you want a phone with a physical keyboard this is the one. if you dont care about the keyboard and dont mind touch screen keyboard then i would wait.

billy54554

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I would wait. I got the Moment about 2 months ago thinking it would have the 2.1 update by now. Looks like its going to be mid May for the update. So why not wait. I am still on the fence with my the Moment. I have a Palm Pre and a iPhone 3gs. There is a pretty cool update coming out for the iPhone
(4.0) this summer adding true multitasking and about 100 cool features so I am looking at that. Palm is being sold so who knows the future of webOS. I like the Moment but the Evo and the new crackberry coming out this summer looks enticing. Wait!!!

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
If you are used to typing on the 8330 (I had one myself) I would not get the Moment. My wife has the Moment and the keys are spaced way to far apart to type efficiently (For me) after using the 8330 and the Tour. The big obstacles I find is the width of the keyboard is too big, the space-bar is WAY too small and the function for entering numbers is frustrating if you are a speed typer on a berry like I am. The virtual keyboard is much easier for me personally and I can see how the virtual keyboard would be much easier getting used too coming from a berry than the physical keyboard. That said I would wait for the EVO 4G the screen size with swype will make all the difference in my opinion. I understand that everyones opinion will differ so go to Sprint and give the physical keyboard a good pounding before you buy. If you find what I am saying to be true you will use the virtual keyboard never to open up the slider. In that event you should hold out for the better device coming in a few short months.

LSanna1488

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
The EVO 4g is going to be an awesome phone. But I have my moment custom just the way I like it. I just wish there were more support for it from 3rd party companies, for accessories. If you can wait til July, Id get the EVO

Stiv_X

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest waiting till the 2.1 update is out, so you get that already on your phone without the headache of updating and reinstalling your apps yourself. Or if you prefer, wait for the EVO 4G. I will say that the moment is an outstanding phone.

etho201

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
If it is an Android phone you want and a physical keyboard, there is no point in waiting. I can't think of any phones scheduled to hit Sprint in the near future that have a physical keyboard with Android. Why is a physical keyboard a must for you?

techsamaritan

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
The moment is a great phone. I've had the pre, iphone, bb, htc hero and this phone bubbled to the top. This phone is much faster than the hero and pre, and the keyboard, while it is wide, its very workable.

Until palm comes out with a larger screen and keyboard, this where I'll be! Love this phone!

SirThale

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
What are your phone priorities?

I'd say it depends on what you're looking for in your phone, and what you're looking to do with your phone. Sounds like a physical keyboard is important for you, and I haven't heard any rumors of a new android phone with a keyboard coming out. On the other hand, I do assume that there will be a Moment 2 (there was one at CES, I think, that had a DTV built in that they were testing, and it's testing in the DC area this summer), but I don't know the timing or carriers for that.

The 9650 looks to be a sweet phone, and hopefully it will handle battery life like the Bold 9700 does which would be a great improvement. No touchscreen, and same weak BB browser.

The other thing is that the Moment will at some point be EOL'd at Sprint, it's just unknown on when that would occur. If you decide to wait, you might want to keep an eye on news about that so you can pick one up quick if that's announced and you're leaning toward Android.

arcai

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, the reason I want a physical keyboard is because when ever I use one of my friend's virtual keyboards I can't type nearly as fast and always end up hitting the wrong letter and such, so physical just seemed to be better for me because I'm a heavy txt user.

And I'd like to switch to android over blackberry because of the awful bb browser (that I rarely use) and I'd think android would have more apps than bb. I had considered palm but sense idk what's going to happen with them, I was just going to go with android. Plus, always good to try something different. ;)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie