How Long Does Update Take?

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
My brother wants to get that maintenance update for his Moment, the one that came out awhile ago. We tried doing it last night, we got to the screen that has the blue downloading logo and below it, it said do not turn the target off. We waited like an hour for it to move on, but it never did, so we just pulled the battery and the phone started up just fine into the main screen. We want to try to do it again, but were wondering if we're doing it wrong.. should it be taking this long?

SPIK3

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
The whole process should take about 15 min, the actual flashing should take less than 5 min. Just get the flashing tool from sprint and follow all the instructions they give you. If it fails or take too long start over and you should be fine.

image2nv

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Never mind this stupid comment. Just trying to get 5 effen comments out so I can send an effen PM. This effen sucks. WTF's the point?!!!

Tizzle

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
My guess is you didn't follow the directions and pull the battery the 2nd time. If you follow the directions it should only take like 5 mind like was previously said.

LSanna1488

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Are yoo using the sprint update tool? Are you updating to cl14?

If you dont currently have the cl14 update, you will need it to flash to 2.1 dd03 and 2.1 dd10.

Yes you need the sprint update tool for cl14 and dd03. For dd10 you boot into recovery on the phone by turning phone off, holding vol down, send, and end buttons. Hold all 3 buttons until you see "ANDROID" come up on screen.

You can get the cl14 update here: http://samsungmoment.googlecode.com/files/cl14_stock.zip

You will need to flash dd03 first as dd10 is a .zip file and just writes over the dd03 file.

All necessary info can be found here:
READ THIS FIRST! SDX Android 2.1 - All the Release Info

Last edited:

fed123

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
It takes awhile but shouldn't take that long. I think mine was going about 35 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

blackbelt080

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
I tried to use ODIN but the TWRP fails because I am waiting on update / firmware for Note 7 to finish. It is stuck on downloading screen for 3 hours now!!! any hope??? :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer