Samsung Pay Works, Except at Target.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I've used Samsung Pay at Target multiple times with no issues.

The card I use with samsung pay does require insertion in the terminal when using the physical card.

Same. And yes, they don't require insertion of a card. the new terminals will read a chip card, but the swipe is still there and operational.

Earl_E_Adopter

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I finally was able to use it at a men's clothing store. I thought by now everyone would have seen it work and I'd miss my chance to school someone. But I will say you guys are all right about the thrill of the CSR telling me that it won't work there. I proudly smiled and said "it's Samsung Pay not Apple Pay" and then wait for it wait for it ding transaction approved, emailed receipt, give my clothes and goodbye. She said she didn't feel like a sale occurred because I didn't hand her anything (money or card) and she didn't give me anything (receipt). I just smiled and glided out the door. Can't wait for my next teaching experience with Samsung Pay.

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I was at Vitamin World and Cole Haan store in Woodburn, Oregon today. They had never seen anyone pay with a mobile device because they don't have NFC. But the employees at both places were very professional and they exhibited open minded attitude when I told them I would be using my phone to pay for the merchandise. I love places that have courteous and professional employees. They earned my future business.

mike56801

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a BOA card and also got an error. I turned off NFC on my phone and then it worked.

The pin pad that Target uses physically has NFC inside for Apple Pay/Android Paty but is supposed to be turned off for Target's spec. and maybe it gitched.

I don't know if it is the same exact model as PetSmart but it looks the same and they started taking Apple Pay/Android Pay when upgraded to emv.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech