Samsung pay works flawlessly

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
This is the mobile payment system I've been waiting for l. One that works everywhere. It's much more convenient and safer than a credit card. If someone steals your credit card they get to go shopping with your money. If someone hacks the store and gets everyone's credit card info they get to go shopping with your account. If someone steals your phone they need your fingerprint to get into the phone and they have to hack it before you remote wipe the phone. If the store gets hacked they steal your one time use token which has steady been used. So the odds of someone stealing your phone and getting access to your Samsung pay account is virtually nothing. It's also more convenient your going to have your phone with you but with Samsung pay you don't need your wallet. As for Walmart I had no problems buying something there last night. It's worked great everywhere I've shopped. As for it not working on Verizon they are the worst wireless provider in the USA the only reason to be on Verizon is if they are your only choice and if they are you have my condolences. I believe T-mobile is by far the best you get some much for so little they are the best value in wireless. My only grip with Samsumg pay is that there are only 2 banks it works with Bank of America and US bank so I had to open up a US bank account to be able to use Samsung pay but I'm sure more banks with get on board very soon. It's still in beta after all. It opens up to everyone on the 27th of this month. If anyone has questions feel free to ask and enjoy Samsung pay.

Posted via the Android Central App

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I've want on a shopping spree today. Went to about 20 different stores including a sit down restaurant and Samsung pay worked every time no problems. I went to a different Walmart and it work perfectly there again. It was fun I blew a few minds. There are quite a few people out there that don't even know about mobile payments.

sraatc17

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
What is the process like when you use Samsung Pay in a sit down restaurant? I wouldn't give my phone to the waiter or waitress, and I doubt they would like having a bunch of people walk to their POS station.

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I was at the bar and tapped my phone at the POS station that was next to me. If the POS station wasn't near me I will walk my phone to the POS station. It would be tough to give it to the waitress even if you did trust them with your phone because Samsung pay times out in about 15 seconds when you need to unlock it again with your fingerprint. So you have to go with the server to the POS station.

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't be embarrassed to use Samsung pay anywhere I just used it at another bar and at both bars the bartenders where impressed. Like I said most people don't know its even possible. I've been using Google wallet from the beginning but NFC is too limiting. Samsung pay works every where.

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Don't be embarrassed to use Samsung pay anywhere I just used it at another bar and at both bars the bartenders where impressed. Like I said most people don't know its even possible. I've been using Google wallet from the beginning but NFC is too limiting. Samsung pay works every where.

Absolutely. I had my old iPhone5 for 3 years. The new iPhones didn't provide good enough reasons for me to upgrade. Apple pay was a cool idea but I knew the card machines would not be ready for it everywhere. But when the Samsung pay came out I immediately saw the potential. Sure enough, I have not seen one place that Samsung pay doesn't work. Now if Samsung would make our phones to work as car keys also. ...

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean I have a Hyundai with a proximity key if they could just make the phone the key that would be awesome. Using their Bluelink system I can start my car with my cell phone but I still need the proximity key to get in and put it into drive. I already have a smart home lock so I use my phone to open my house up. If some how my phone could be the proximity key for my car my pockets would get even lighter. Maybe some day.

Absolutely. I had my old iPhone5 for 3 years. The new iPhones didn't provide good enough reasons for me to upgrade. Apple pay was a cool idea but I knew the card machines would not be ready for it everywhere. But when the Samsung pay came out I immediately saw the potential. Sure enough, I have not seen one place that Samsung pay doesn't work. Now if Samsung would make our phones to work as car keys also. ...

Arlene619

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi there . This is a dumb question, I was finally able to add a card. I just tried testing it out at home and it said" payment error. Unable to complete your payment, try again later. " is it because I didn't actually scan anything?? I just wanted to test it out because I don't want to be embarrassed if it didn't work. Can they use the handheld scanner to scan my phone or is it on a stationary device?

ELavar

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
It's probably because your bank doesn't support it, yet. The only two banks that support it, in the US, is Bank of America and US Bank.

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi there . This is a dumb question, I was finally able to add a card. I just tried testing it out at home and it said" payment error. Unable to complete your payment, try again later. " is it because I didn't actually scan anything?? I just wanted to test it out because I don't want to be embarrassed if it didn't work. Can they use the handheld scanner to scan my phone or is it on a stationary device?

I got that same error about a week or two ago. I called into Samsung Pay but they didn't even know what the error code meant... Anyway simply deleting and reinstalling the card worked for me

Arlene619

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I got that same error about a week or two ago. I called into Samsung Pay but they didn't even know what the error code meant... Anyway simply deleting and reinstalling the card worked for me

Thanks, I never thought of that lol.