I wish all merchants made terminals self accessible

Perx

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving Samsung Pay, simple and it works at so many places. But one of the hurdles I've noticed isn't the technology but rather the clerks who don't know about the technology and when the terminal is only accessible to them I have to work with them to check out. I was at an airport newsstand where the terminal was facing the clerk. I've come to realize the best way to make it work is to ask "where do I swipe my card", then if it's in arms reach just put my phone by it. The clerks are usually confused and then amazed, but the whole process makes me wish that the terminals were all self accessible.

Posted via the Android Central App

Amit Sinha4

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm loving Samsung Pay, simple and it works at so many places. But one of the hurdles I've noticed isn't the technology but rather the clerks who don't know about the technology and when the terminal is only accessible to them I have to work with them to check out. I was at an airport newsstand where the terminal was facing the clerk. I've come to realize the best way to make it work is to ask "where do I swipe my card", then if it's in arms reach just put my phone by it. The clerks are usually confused and then amazed, but the whole process makes me wish that the terminals were all self accessible.

Posted via the Android Central App

I am very uncomfortable in handling my phone to clerk and also not willing to take the hassle of explaining them about Samsung Pay, sometime by end of 2016 in US, chip and pin method will drive the terminals to be made customer accessible and I also wish that Samsung pay should spend marketing $s to promote businesses to move towards this stuff

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Burger kings have integrated card readers attached to the side of their monitors. But I still did it myself. Lol

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Putting my phone in a strangers hands defeats the whole purpose. At this point it's more convenient to swipe a card.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc