Samsung pay for unlocked devices official answer

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Quoted from a support email from Samsung about when my unlocked phone would receive Samsung pay.

"After checking all the available information at my end I would like to inform you that Samsung pay app is only available on Carrier locked. We are unable to speculate if by Samsung Pay would be available on unlocked devices in future due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. Should this become available, it will be posted on Samsung official website."

Well that sucks big time if true. That's a very big reason I bought this phone.

This is a copy and paste from Samsung's website
"Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge users will receive a software update with Samsung Pay when the service is made available later this year in the U.S."

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Quoted from a support email from Samsung about when my unlocked phone would receive Samsung pay.

"After checking all the available information at my end I would like to inform you that Samsung pay app is only available on Carrier locked. We are unable to speculate if by Samsung Pay would be available on unlocked devices in future due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. Should this become available, it will be posted on Samsung official website."

Well that sucks big time if true. That's a very big reason I bought this phone.

This is a copy and paste from Samsung's website
"Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge users will receive a software update with Samsung Pay when the service is made available later this year in the U.S."

I can't find your phone's region on Sammobile. Can you post your CSC (region abbreviation code)?

Samsung Pay should be available to any Unlocked device when Samsung Pay is available for the specific region that the device was created for.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't find your phone's region on Sammobile. Can you post your CSC (region abbreviation code)?

Samsung Pay should be available to any Unlocked device when Samsung Pay is available for the specific region that the device was created for.
US carrier Ntelos. Unlocked from them.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
US carrier Ntelos. Unlocked from them.

I don't think that it's because an unlocked phone, is because your carrier is still not one of the carriers that are part of it, just like Verizon. Problem is how big your carrier is to try to push this on their phones.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that it's because an unlocked phone, is because your carrier is still not one of the carriers that are part of it, just like Verizon. Problem is how big your carrier is to try to push this on their phones.
That was one of my thoughts as well. So until I get an update from ntelos, i'm SOL. Samsung told me it's because it's unlocked. That's the only way ntelos sells Samsung phones. Ntelos is being bought out by shentel in the next few months, so I would guess their not going to put a lot of effort into this.

Rob Zatkowski

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine's a SM G928C = S6 Edge Plus unlocked and I don't have it either.
Sami told me it's because the phone in an "International Model" Said I need
an updated baseband # and ATT cannot release is to me because the ESN doesn't show on their list to be updated

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol