I'm sorry, you can't do that here........

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering how many people have heard something similar to this, " I'm sorry, you can't do that here."
I was at a Publix liquor store and went to tap my phone, the cashier very politely put his hand out by the reader and said exactly that. He went on to say, we're getting the hardware sometime soon but I am not sure when. I smiled and tapped the phone and of course it went right through. He yells down the isle to another worker, hey when did we get this installed? I started to explain and he stopped me and says, I understand how it works. I once again tried to explain about Samsung Pay being different and he gave me a look of , really, I just said I understand.
I just signed the signature reader and went on my way. It felt like I was in a Samsung Pay commercial.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I had an experience very similar to this today at Balducci's, a grocery chain on the East Coast. When the guy finished ringing up the order, I pressed the credit button, activated Samsung Pay, and held my phone up to the "slide." The snotty kid behind the cash register actually reached out and pushed my phone away, saying, "You can't use that here. We don't have that." I said, "Really? Because the transaction just went through."

He looked back at the register and said, "Oh...No one has told me that is allowed. We were told we don't take iPhones." I smiled and said, "This is a Samsung. It works better." The kid looked at me and said, "That is impossible. iPhone is the gold standard."

Sad that someone so young should be so mislead.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just used it tonight at a place I've used it at least twice before. Manager said they don't take that form of payment. After schooling the young man, he was converted. And I scored a gift card for the education.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm