Payment Error issue

Ningboren

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else had this problem, while accessing Samsung pay after i scan the fingerprint i got this payment error message as shown in the picture below.

1166179106.jpg
This is the second time I have encountered the issue in two weeks of using Samsung pay, tried everything but nothing works. The only way to solve this issue for me is to reset the app, then add all the credit cards back onto the app again. If this continues to happen, i will get tired of Samsung pay due to reset and add cards back to the app every time. Thanks!

2093700272.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No issues here and I've been using it heavily since release (I've only taken my card out for gas, nothing more). Does it only happen with one card or with any of them? If it's only one, it might be an issue with your bank.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you have good data connection when trying to use it? That used to happen to me on the old Google Wallet when trying to pay and my network was down.

Ningboren

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
You can pay even without network. I'm wondering if swapping between Android pay and the Samsung pay constantly will cause this problem?

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I just used it at a local restaurant. No problem. Just got home, and a message appeared saying " temporarily unavailable. Connect to a wifi or mobile network." Thing is, now I'm home with a great wifi and mobile signal. Hope its justice a temporary hiccup.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, I finally saw a 'failure' in a pin-pad. And I say 'failure' because it did work, it just needed input from the cashier and the phone doesn't beep. But once I tapped on the terminal, the cashier said it was waiting for her to input the charge amount (so politely asked me to move my hand away). She did that, hit ENTER and voila! Payment Notification gets to my phone, but Samsung Pay never beeped when placing the card on the terminal, and since I had to move the hand away from the terminal for her to finish the process, that's probably why.

altezza03

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I noticed this issue on my S6 as well. I was able to reproduce the error after resetting the Samsung Pay app. Removing a fingerprint and re-registering caused this error for me. Although I did not remove all fingerprints, the error still occured. At least one of my two qualifying cards, Amex, is easy to add by taking a picture and having an SMS authentication code. US Bank requires me to call the bank and speak with a live person--they need some info about the card for authentication.=/

thejuliebear

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
That must be what happened to me, this is the second time I have started receiving the payment error, and both times it was after changing my fingerprints. I didn't realize the connection until you mentioned it. Hopefully they can solve this bug.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else had this problem, while accessing Samsung pay after i scan the fingerprint i got this payment error message as shown in the picture below.

View attachment 201389
This is the second time I have encountered the issue in two weeks of using Samsung pay, tried everything but nothing works. The only way to solve this issue for me is to reset the app, then add all the credit cards back onto the app again. If this continues to happen, i will get tired of Samsung pay due to reset and add cards back to the app every time. Thanks!

View attachment 201390

OK so that has happened on me at a certain location and by the time I hit ok on the error screen it goes through and then there's times in which it hit ok and move the phone slightly up or down and it works
So try moving it to a different spot and holding it there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae