Can Samsung Pay be use with Straight talk using AT&T?

A

AC Question

Samsung Pay

Can samsung pay be used with straight talk using AT&T (tracfone) sim. My logic says a strong maybe but want to know for sure.
Samsung says it requires specific carriers and of course AT&T is one but is their tracfone division the same?

sophiegriff

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can Samsung Pay be use with Straight talk using AT&T?

I just got off the phone with Samsung and I dodged a bullet I hope. Be aware you can not use Samsung pay with international version unlocked phones! I just bought an international version of Galaxy 6 edge unlocked to use with my AT&T straight talk sim. It’s not even here yet. I have an unlocked international S4 from the same store which I love and have had no problem with. The only reason I wanted an S6 was to use Samsung pay and yes it is beautiful. After reading your question and having wondered same I decided to call Samsung and ask them can’t hurt right. So I am now going to return this phone (I hope) and see if I buy a phone from Straight talk will Samsung Pay work. Will keep you posted.

MRKV

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay

It works fine on Straight Talk as long as you have a carrier locked phone. I have no problems using Samsung Pay with my AT&T locked Edge+ on Straight Talk

Posted via the Android Central App

bradbamford

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

FYI: We have 2 phones on Straight Talk with AT&T sims using Samsung Pay.
(1) AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge and (1) Unlocked unbranded Galaxy S6 US version.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

how can you use a carrier locked phone with a straight talk sim? Aren't the VPN settings different?

I believe you're referring to APN settings. With Straight Talk they use all 4 US Carriers. (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, & Sprint) So if you bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 out right (full retail) from an AT&T Store or Website, then you would be able to use a Straight Talk Sim in the phone. It wouldn't have to be unlocked from AT&T's Network, because it will still be using AT&T's Network, but only through Straight Talk. I've always bought my phone's out right, and the only thing I've had to do is pop my Sim Card in eneter the correct APN Settings, reboot my phone and bam. It works. I hope my explanation wasn't to complicated.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz