Samsung Pay getting declined at some places

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
So far the only place I've been able to get SP to work is McDonald's. I've tried to use it at several gas station stores and the machine recognizes SP and prompts for Debit or Credit. I select Debit and put my debit card PIN in but then it gets declined. Is SP supposed to assign a PIN to use for Debit transactions? Because I didn't see a PIN to use other than the one to use the app itself. I have a PNC Visa Debit/Credit card.

I read elsewhere it's supposed to work with Debit cards and your normal PIN, but it hasn't for me yet. Am I doing something wrong?

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I have chase at it works with Samsung pay and my regular debit pin. Maybe a call to PNC is in order to make sure it's not a hold or something like that.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I have chase at it works with Samsung pay and my regular debit pin. Maybe a call to PNC is in order to make sure it's not a hold or something like that.

You might be right. I tried it today at Dollar General and it was declined there too, it was an invalid transaction I believe. I don't think it's on hold or anything because I can use the card itself just fine. I haven't tried selecting credit yet, but I think that's how it goes through at McDonald's since you aren't asked for a PIN, it just goes through.

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I had some issues with my BoA debit card at a few places. I will only use debit at some of the smaller businesses like family restaurants where I know it costs them less of a fee.

Credit works every time and I don't have to worry about anyone seeing my PIN.

Posted via the Android Central App